Stock Picks for 2010

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #13698 by Speedster
I like undervalued gems which are awaiting discovery. It may be worrying to invest at first but the future rise in value that it may bring will usher in the euphoria and a sense of achievement.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #13699 by erelation
Hi Reck,

I have invested in Food Empire many years ago.... have a very good ride up and managed to profit from it. Food Empire core biz is still in the 3-in-1 coffee biz and haven' been successful with its frozen food biz. Have not look into it since then.

My biggest holding now are Marco Polo, King Wan, Yongnam.

Regards
Yee

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #13705 by josephyeo
Just to share w you my posting at another site for Excelpoint ...

Posting no2 at another site :

Thanks Shareflux for your views.

For this type of stock u need patience, faith n believe. Fyi info, i had quite a number of pleasant experience
in this class of stocks. I was in Juken when it was traded around 4.5cts, in ISDN when it was 11.2 cts, in
Foreland at 3.3 cts, in SMB at 22.5 cts, Swing Media at 8.7 cts, Kian Ann at 21cts. and a few more. At the
point of entry almost all the stocks were very thinly traded. There were days when buyer looks at sellers and
vice versa and nothing get traded. It was waiting, waiting, waiting n finally the day came .. Kian Ann, SMB, Juken were taken private or taken over Foreland shot up to 5 cts plus and Swing Media went all the way to 18.2 cts.

In all these counters the trends were more all less the same but in varying degree .. management was bullish,
bottomline was improving, a fair dividend declared, balance sheet was good (except for 1), and trading
below nav. If patience n faith were not there, one will never take up these type of counters and of course will
have missed the profits too.

Just sharing and hope all will benefit from the different views expressed. To me this is the strategy i adopt and it has served me well. Used to do some punting and realised i was not good at it but the current way of investing seem to serve me better.

All the best to all who are here!!!

Posting no1 at another site :

the keypoints i wish to make are :

1. the top line n bottom have been improving in the last 3 years.so it seems that something must be right about what they are doing.

2. the latest dividend declared is 0.8 cts which is the same as the year before that. Assuming that the company will declare a dividend of 0.8 cts for the current financial year, the total dividend received by next year would be 1.6 cts. And if the traded price stay at 8.5 cts
the total yield would therefore be around 20% for 15 months.

3. management sounds positive n with improving conditions in China n south east asia .. i am assuming that the company bottomline would improve further.

Quote from the company's chairman :

Into the new financial year, we expect to see more stability in the US economy and improving sentiments in China and South East Asia. This landscape will benefit our business in North and South East Asia.

In China, we foresee growth to come largely from domestic demand. Furthermore, with energy becoming a key issue in the country, demand for energy-saving and renewable-energy products is poised to escalate. Our teams in China and Hong Kong are stepping up their efforts to expand their product offerings in these areas.

In South East Asia, business growth will largely be driven by government infrastructure investments. We anticipate the implementation of an increasing number of these projects. Our South East Asian team, in addition to pursuing infrastructure projects, is also focusing on automotive and energy meter opportunities in various countries.

The R& D division will use their flagship product – BreathOptics - as a launch pad to establish themselves in the infant care market. Corresponding to this strategy, they will be expanding their offerings in this segment.

At the organisational level, in addition to our generic business At the organisational level, in addition to our generic business growth,we will also be looking for strategic partnershipsthrough which we can enhance the value of Excelpoint.

4.just to share w you my feelings .. never buy a stock u are uncomfortable with, if u are uncomfortable w the company and doubt whether the management can produce or not, it is best that u do not buy because u will not have peace of mind n may end up spoiling your life. Buy what u are sure n comfortable with n be able to sleep w it.

Best regards n all the best to all!!!

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds