Stock Picks for 2010

More
14 years 1 month ago #3374 by AK71
Replied by AK71 on topic Re:Stock Picks for 2010
I think it is very hard to even ascertain if their reported numbers are real. Too many bad hats in the S-chip family in the past have made me very wary of the entire lot no matter how alluring their prospects might seem. I am sure that over time their image might improve if they demonstrate good corporate governance and deliver benefits to shareholders consistently. It will take time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #3375 by vampire
Replied by vampire on topic Re:Stock Picks for 2010
What \'homework\' to do to know which ones are lemons, and which ones are value bargains?

More
14 years 1 month ago #3376 by AK71
Replied by AK71 on topic Re:Stock Picks for 2010
Hi vampire, The usual fundamental analysis is a must: Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement. Go through these and see what the numbers tell you. However, if they cook the books, it\'s just too bad. That\'s what many investors are worried about when it comes to S-chips. singaporeanstocksinvestor.blogspot.com/2...lysis-cash-flow.html

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #3464 by stirling
Replied by stirling on topic Re:Stock Picks for 2010
I picked the following stocks in mid-2009 and will continue to hold them in 2010 with a view to see multi-baggers in the next few years:- - Etika (consumer) - Sinomem (water) - Oceanus (consumer) - QAF (consumer) Why i picked these stocks? - good management - good growth - badly battered with huge provisions but fundamental intact - strong operating and net cash inflow - good IP (brands or knowhow) - defensive in nature - pay dividends:P Caveat Emptor
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by stirling.

More
14 years 1 month ago #3473 by peter lee
Replied by peter lee on topic Re:Stock Picks for 2010
hello, everyone. usually, i see which stocks to buy. seldom, i see which stock to sell. can everyone contribute on their reasons or criteria to sell a stock ? good day

More
14 years 1 month ago #3474 by vampire
Replied by vampire on topic Re:Stock Picks for 2010
Z-Obee is the ultimate multi-bagger.. in such a short time it is an 18-bagger. 10000 become 180000. sell when reasons why you bought change.

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds