Stock Picks for 2010

More
14 years 4 months ago #2175 by Joes
Replied by Joes on topic Re:Stock Picks for 2010
Metro is good - another stock is Roxy Pacific with a RNAV of 60 cents which is 100% higher than the stock price of 29.5 cents. These hotel/property stocks which are trading way below their asset value have lots of upside potential - and for a conservative nut like me, very minimal downside. Roxy and Metro are pretty low profile, but if I can get 10 cent profit from Roxy and 20 cents fr Metro, that\'s pretty great for me. 30% gain & 25% gain (with hardly any risky downside) beat parking my savings in fixed deposits hands down.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #2186 by keithkeh
Replied by keithkeh on topic Re:Stock Picks for 2010
My 2010 picks :

Development and Property counters:

(a) China New Town - china land (b) Hiap Hoe - high end properties in prime area (c) Roxy - deeply undervalued with Roxy hotel (d) United Overseas Australia ( UOA ) - good exposure in Malaysia - Bangsa south development

Industrial

(a) Changtian - deeply undervalued with uptrend of chemical commodities esp . water treatment chemical related, TDR listing pending status in Taiwan Consumer (b) Oceanus - high growth stock with upside on retail concept, China new year sentiment on Abalone might kick in, TDR listing in Taiwan

Conglomerates

(a) Keppel Corp - good leverage on keppel land, keppel offshore & marine

Electronics & Hardisk

(a) Nanya ( Taiwan ) - DRAM exposure, demand outstrips supply , foreseen to continue until 1st half of 2010 (b) Broadway - hardisk exposure, production is running at full capacity (c) Miyoshi - same as Broadway, but smaller scale and has good expore to Japanese hard disk manufacturer

Disclaimer : I do not invest in all counters above. just some of them
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by niadmin. Reason: formatting

More
14 years 4 months ago #2187 by Dongdaemun
Replied by Dongdaemun on topic Re:Stock Picks for 2010
China New Town - for its aggressive share buyback in the past few months, sharp discount to RNAV, and high potential for land value appreciation as a large plot of land it is developing is near the future Shanghai Disneyland. Key risk is the government introduces measures to cool property prices.

More
14 years 4 months ago #2189 by Dongdaemun
Replied by Dongdaemun on topic Re:Stock Picks for 2010
someone, dydx, at wallstraits.com has a word of caution on China New Town: \"I think it is dangerous to jump into a positive conclusion without first checking into other relevant details! The company and its management could well be supporting the share price in this instance. I think it pays to take note that the company had - (1) on 9Sep09, issued 451.881m new shares at ONLY S$0.07872/share for the repurchase of some high-yield notes. (2) on 5May09, issued 680.0m new shares at ONLY $0.051/share to its controlling shareholder, Sinopower Investment Ltd. And, as at 30Sep09, 745.146m new shares may be issued under a convertible bond (CB3) issued to Sinopower investment Ltd on 9Sep09. All the above info are contained in the company Q3-FY09 results announcement (page 11)..... info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/V...penelement Personally, I will not touch this counter with a 10-foot pole!\"

More
14 years 4 months ago #2190 by musicwhiz
Replied by musicwhiz on topic Re:Stock Picks for 2010
It would be wise to pay attention to what dydx has to say. An argument based on sound facts, logical and deductive analysis is one which investors should pay serious attention to. It\'s useless chasing market price when the underlying business may have holes the size of swiss cheese....:dry:

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #2194 by sgmarket
Replied by sgmarket on topic Re:Stock Picks for 2010
SC Global - Brisk trading on the first trading day of 2010! Perhaps more good news regarding their Seven Palms @Sentosa Cove in the offing? Good proxy to the luxury property market which is seeing signs of investors returning. No doubt, the coming up of Resort World also has an effect on this stock.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by sgmarket.

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds