Stock Picks for 2010

More
14 years 4 months ago #2041 by MacGyver
Hi Everybody, Starting a thread to get ideas for 2010. If you have S$100,000 spare cash, what would be the 1-2 stocks that you would buy, with a time horizon of 12 months? Techcomp Holdings People around me know that I am a fan of Techcomp. I believe 2010 will be the tipping point for the Company. Am going to pick this as my top pick for 2010. I believe this stock has the potential to be a 3-bagger if the management delivers in 2010. Broadway Industrial I believe 2010 is also a good year for technology stocks. Broadway is the cheapest HDD stock around. Only problem is that the management does not seem to like meeting investors. If the Company can trade at industry average of 8-10x for 2010, this can be potentially a double bagger. :laugh: :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #2042 by josephyeo
Replied by josephyeo on topic Re:Stock Picks for 2010
SMB United Holding and Eastern Asia Tcehnology. SMB for it\'s low valuation n potential future growth and high dividend yield. It has a cash holding of $50mil+ or more than 10cts per share. Eastern Asia Technology ( Eastech) as a turnaround company. Company was restructured in the last 3 years and in the last 4 quarters company was profitable at the operation level. Believe profit will continue to grow.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by josephyeo.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #2043 by Morpheus
Replied by Morpheus on topic Re:Stock Picks for 2010
I go for a fundamental stock and a speculative stock. Fundamental -- I choose Changtian Plastics. The Company has high level of cash and their adhesive tapes products though not exciting, remain necessities. Speculative -- I choose Junma Tyres. If you look at the last quarter, earnings are recovering. If you annualised the 3Q results, the PE of the Company is only 1.4x now. Of course, this is provided that the other quarters continue to remain strong. But at 16 cents, the stock can easily jumped 50% to its NTA price of 24 cents.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Morpheus.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #2046 by Joes
Replied by Joes on topic Re:Stock Picks for 2010
One solid year has past. The doomsayers got mud in their face. Most people cannot believe the stock rally has been so strong. Oil is back up again. The Americano stock index is above 10,000. Life is full of surprises - only this time, the surprises were shocking and then damn shiok. What about 2010? Who dares to predict Q1? What stcoks will win? My guesses: a) Oceanus - Watch out for Xmas Eve start of trading for TDRs in Taiwan. This one has the fundamentals to appeal to Taiwanese - it\'s abalone food mah! b) Design Studio. Have already turned in solid 9-month results; q4 will put the finishing touches to a splended year. Dont follow me.... I can be very wrong! :angry:
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Joes.

More
14 years 4 months ago #2049 by at301273
Replied by at301273 on topic Re:Stock Picks for 2010
I\'m not so sure Dr. Faber is saying that stocks might stall and dip further in 2010. I on the short side till 2011. Chances are once the FED reverse their current stance the market will fall like dominos. :P One stock that I will still load up is Cityspring, cannot die one lah! hee hee.

More
14 years 4 months ago #2051 by lowsx
Replied by lowsx on topic Re:Stock Picks for 2010
If I must limit myself to 1 stock, it will be Metro. a) Low valuation. With NTA of $1.48 and price 78 cents, Metro P/NTA is at 0.52. b) Cheap Property Play on China. Metro NTA mostly consist of shopping malls and offices in China. This is a inexpensive play on China properties, especially when compared to CapitaRChina. c) Low risk. Metro has negligible gearing. Downside: short-term problems on office over-supply in China

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds