Stock Picks for 2010

More
14 years 4 months ago #2106 by MacGyver
Replied by MacGyver on topic Re:Stock Picks for 2010
What if 2010 turns out to be worse than 2009? Anybody has any good defensive stocks in mind? I am writing off ALL the REITS and Shipping Trusts. Their peak is over. All the REITS will have to take another 12-18 months to refinance their loans and dig themselves out of the mess that they got themselves into by chasing up the commercial ppties in 2007/2008. Anybody got an opinion on Raffles Medical, Hersing, Datapulse? :) :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #2108 by newbie123
Replied by newbie123 on topic Re:Stock Picks for 2010
Raffles Medical - already rallied a lot liao. Healthway medical - is a good bet for defensive counter But do note tat there are implementing a rights issue. Aggressive expansion is on the way...

More
14 years 4 months ago #2109 by sgmarket
Replied by sgmarket on topic Re:Stock Picks for 2010
MacGyver, Singpost is one good defensive stock that consistently pay good dividends over the years as highlighted by my earlier post. Just saw it surge through $1 which was a stubborn resistance. Hope it makes bigger strides in 2010!

More
14 years 4 months ago #2112 by musicwhiz
Replied by musicwhiz on topic Re:Stock Picks for 2010
On the point about dividend yield, please note that your yield is a direct result of the market price you bought in, and subsequent yields based on future changes in market price will have no bearing on your own yield unless you choose to alter the price at which you purchased, by averaging up or down. Hence, it is possible to look for margin of safety in terms of a high yield assuming the market price has been judged to be unfairly depressed for short-term, speculative or wanton reasons. However, a more important factor to consider other than the dividend yield % is also the sustainability of that yield; and by that we have to closely observe, analyze and inspect the business model and prospects of the Company giving said yield. As the saying goes:\"There is no free lunch in this world\". So we all have to do our homework to make sure the yield is sustainable in the long-term.

More
14 years 4 months ago #2116 by MacGyver
Replied by MacGyver on topic Re:Stock Picks for 2010
I am a user of Hersing\'s Storhub and I find it incredible user-friendly. I believe this Storhub will prove to be a strong growth driver for this Company in the future. You should go downt to their Toa Payoh Storhub -- the big yellow building to experience for yourself. And check out their dividend payout every year! Vested interests.

More
14 years 4 months ago #2127 by Mel
Replied by Mel on topic Re:Stock Picks for 2010
Tuan Sing - Am highlighting this property counter, which is a top pick by Sebastian Chong, who said: \" The revalued net asset value per share is at least 45 cents without taking into account unrealized profits on the partial sale of its Shanghai Lakeville residences and potential profits from the current launch of its cluster housing development at Hinhede Road near the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve. There is virtually no net debt after the proceeds of its recent sale of Katong Mall are received.\"

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds