Stock Picks for 2010

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #13660 by erelation
Hi Josephyyeo,

The chart look nice and bullish with strong volume yesterday... most likely profit-taking was reason for the fall as penny stock give high return in term of percent.... especially those who brought around 8 - 9 cents and went all the way up to 10+ cents.

I have loaded some stock today after miss the train earlier. At 8.6 cents it is more than 9% yield based on 0.8 cents dividend declared for FY12. It also just happen that it is AGM today. So we should expect the price to go up by at least 0.8 cents once it go "CD"

I am looking at 10 cents level again.

Cheers...
Yee
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by erelation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #13661 by erelation
The Board of Directors of Excelpoint Technology Ltd ("the Company") is pleased to announce that at the Twelfth Annual General Meeting of the Company held on 3 April 2013, all resolutions relating to matters set out in the Notice of the Twelfth Annual General Meeting dated 19 March 2013 were duly passed.

By Order of the Board

Wong Yoen Har
Company Secretary

3 April 2013

* Waiting for my 0.8 cents dividend.... on the way....

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #13663 by josephyeo
It should be cum dividend today. With dividend of 0.8cts and on current price of 8.7 cts the dividend yield should be around 9%. This is the 2nd year when dividend of 0.8 cts was declared.

josephyeo wrote: Hi Sana n Reck,

I have unloaded my Forland Holding after the storyline changed as mentioned in one of my postings, but i am still including it my watchlist. Actually the last quarter result was not as bad as i thought. Quite likely i will take up a position when the price is right and macro environment is more stable.

Fyi _ As a norm i normally start to reduce my position in all counters when i feel that the market is likely to run out of steam. Most of the time i re-enter the market in end May when the market is quieter. That's when they say 'sell in May and go away'. Yup, that the time when i pick up some stocks. I will enter in a much bigger way in end oct to nov. bcoz in most years the index in the following feb is higher than in oct/nov, like what happen this year.

About Excelpoint .. i sold half my holding when the market was going crazy in jan n early feb. My holding is still substantial and yesterday when there was a big selldown for reasons i don't inderstand, i was one of the main buyers. I like the storyline .. improving bottom n top lines, excellent dividend of close to 10%, positive management comment (management sounds quite bullish) n it's absolute low price, though there are comments that the margin is too low. For a company to be able to do a revenue of $700+ millions is no mean feat. It should be valued higher. Further, its a singapore company.

Hope i have answered your question.
All the best to you!!!

Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by josephyeo. Reason: for clarity purpose

More
11 years 1 month ago #13670 by erelation
Hi josephyeo,

Is Excelpoint in the same business as Serial System? Care to add on to my summary below;

Serial System FY 2012
=====================
Revenue: $825.4 Million
Profit: $9.2 Million
Net profit margin was 1.1%
gross profit margin was 9.5%

FY12 dividend :0.52 cent a share (50.9% of FY12 earnings)
Net gearing: 54%
Share Price: 12.5 cents
EPS: 1.02 cent.
PE: 12x

Excelpoint FY 2012
=====================
Revenue: US$584.8 Million
Profit: US$5 Million

FY12 dividend :0.8 cent a share (65% of FY12 earnings)
Net gearing: 0%
Share Price: 8.7 cents
EPS: 1.0 cent(US) @1.23cents (SGD)
PE: 7.07x

Based on the above, it definitely look like Excelpoint is undervalued.

Regards
Yee

More
11 years 1 month ago #13671 by josephyeo
Hi Yee, thank you for some of the basic datas n the comparision between Serial System n Excelpoint.

From the figure it is quite clear that Excelpoint deserve a better valuation. The dividend yield is twice that of Serial System whereas the pe is almost half (of Serial System).

Another point i like is that Excelpoint has only 504 mil shares whereas Serial System has 895 mil. Not too many shares for Excelpoint. Personally i don't like company with too many shares because the capitalisation of the company will jump improportionate w every price rise.

Do note that the bottom n top line of Excelpoint have been improving in the last 3 financial year. In the latest management report, the directors seem to sound positive, implying another year of growth. I stand corrected on this statement, pls varify it yourself.

At current price n the dividend yield level i do not see much risk in investing in the company barring unforseen circumstances.

Rgds n blessings n peace to you.

More
11 years 1 month ago #13674 by Rich
Replied by Rich on topic Re:Re:Stock Picks for 2010
erelation + Joseph: Interesting peer comparison ... Have you done the same for Food Empire vs Super Group? Super caught my attention after its stock flew to the moon. I looked at Food Empire and found that it is trading at 14X PE only, about half of Super's 28X. There is an article for you to check FE out: www.nextinsight.net/index.php/story-arch...ojects-materialising

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds