UMS and foreland.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #8930 by greenrookie
Replied by greenrookie on topic Re:UMS and foreland.
Of the half a dozen companies serving the semi conductor industry, ums is the one I like after rokko. The boss is selling at a high price, ums price has recovered almost to it's previous peak 2008 recently. S the CEO is offloading at a profits. Should not be too worrying. Semi conductor sector seem to be turning the corner .. I will watching ums closely.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #9039 by greenrookie
At current price, if UMS gives out the dividends as last year, yield is almost 16%. if exclude special dividends and take 4 cents as dividends, yield still above 10%. better than most reits or trusts. Management expect 1H to be robust due to momentum of orders, couple with expected turnaround of semi- con, utilization of capacity at only around 50%. this counter seems a steal. Risk: dividends reduced due to acquisition. Selldown by CEO. ( but then, he selling at high price lor, and it's less than 4% when he owned more than 30% stake , after QM "training", this seems overdone to me. It's a fall of 20% when it's not a s- chip, stake offload at premium and is small, profits visibility good(unless world falls off a cliff) Will accumulate if this counter fall more than 10% again next year. Potential catalyst: 1 cent interim dividend declared for quarter with profits improving. I see a better than 50% chance of it happening. I realized when I blog, price usually all further. (jinx)This is 1 company I wish to accumulate more. so dun mind LOL

More
12 years 2 days ago #9193 by greenrookie
UMS announce adoption of dividend policy. While dividend is not cast in stone, they have commit to giving quarterly dividends, also they see the next 6 miths to be ok.
Tech companies expect turnanound in industry in 2H, hopefully its US market will do good too.
Another good news is the aquisition is complete without giltches, and should contribute to top and bottomline from T2 onwards.
I am looking at around 32 cents, if it does reach the price to accmulate the stocks. If not for the Greece spanner, I would have bought immediately.
High risk: Applied materials from US is super major customer, if the outsourcing dried, its earning will get a big hit.
They also took a 15 million short term loan.

More
12 years 2 days ago #9194 by pine
Replied by pine on topic Re:UMS and Foreland.
UMS stock has been chased up this morning (+1.5 cents to 35 cents) in a positive reaction to its dividend policy -- which is something undervalued companies should learn from. Shareholders want dividends for cash flow, especially in an uncertain market where capital gains are uncertain and they cannot depend on a rising stock price to exit with a profit.

More
11 years 11 months ago #9268 by sean.ng
Replied by sean.ng on topic Re:Re:UMS and Foreland.
i am a new investor in UMS and was attracted to buy due to its high dividend yield. From what i see it has been paying regularly since 2002 even when it makes a loss in 2009. Anyone can advise what is the lowest price UMS has ever drooped to during its history of being listed? especially during the 2008 crisis? I saw from comments last year it was seeking a dual-listing? No more news after that?

More
11 years 11 months ago #9269 by greenrookie
Replied by greenrookie on topic Re:UMS and foreland.
Hi Sean, the dual listing in Korea has already been called off. Lowest price is 6 cents during the 2009 crisis when it is making a loss. Why the recent run is because of a major customer - applied materials that is outsourcing it's operation to Singapore. US used to be the it's biggest market, now it is Singapore, and management expect contribution o rise to 80%

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds