UMS and foreland.

More
11 years 11 months ago #9270 by sean.ng
Replied by sean.ng on topic Re:Re:UMS and foreland.
i am looking for companies with high yield, but the condition is that they must be well-managed, and sustainable margins with low P/B & PE. I lost $ since last year till now in commodities stocks & i am comtemplating to cut my loss & switch to UMS. Even in an downturn, UMS will still pay a dividend, and assuming it goes back down to 6 cents again, at the most i lose about 32cents on paper assuming the current share price of 38cents and it will take abt 6 years of receiving the current dividend payouts for me to take back my initial investment capital now. Worth to do that? Inflation is almost 5% annually now. If i put my tiny $ in the bank it is also useless. In 6 yrs time watever $ left in my bank will be eroded by 30%. If i hold on to the current commodities stock i dont know how long i have to wait before it goes back up and wonders how long the euro crisis will drag. And in an downturn, all stocks go down. Shouldnt i be choosing companies that are cheap & at least willing to pay good dividends if they are doing well? Ofcos if they dont do well, i cant be expecting them to still pay out the same dividends. Any advice on which other good companies that offers good yield?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #9276 by greenrookie
Hi sean, if you looking at dividend play, maybe you should look at reits and trusts too

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds