Eratat Lifestyle

More
10 years 5 months ago #17824 by elbert
Replied by elbert on topic Eratat Lifestyle
I got your message and in fact it is the % allocation for any person to the counter nothing to do with the figure concerned. Hence just asked for the % of fund allocated will do. Whatever the person worth the % still carry same weight for that person. If it is 10% it is still JUST 10% whether the 10% is 10K or 100K or 1m.

Fundamentalist wrote: I didn't meant it to be rude. The key here is that anyone who buys merely 10 lots ($800) can talk about how great a company is, or how careful he/she is choosing stocks since 2009. But it really means nothing because that amount is not even substantial and is useless in showing how confident the "investor" of 10 lots is about the counter.

Now, like what I asked earlier to newbiestock, if he has a 7 figure portfolio (like some of us here do), how much would he allocate to this company? The question was sidestepped, so I asked in a more direct manner.

Now if he was really that confident, he would probably have put almost his entire war chest into this company. Then again, if his war chest is a mere 4 figures, it means nothing too.

It is a more a question of the amount of confidence and less so on the absolute size of the portfolio.

Before anyone gets any other funny ideas, the numbers used here are taken out of thin air. But I believe my point gets across.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #17826 by newbiestock
Replied by newbiestock on topic Eratat Lifestyle
Thanks elbert once again.

Give me a break, can.

I also hv my own social life. Dun wan to keep on debating endless here n there who's right or wrong. It is very tiring, guys.

And fundamentalist, as of now, eratat forms more than 50% of my portfolio and the lots i hv accumulated is definitely not a small amount.. As for cambridge n neratel, my current position is quite small as i hv taken some partial profits be4.

And as i hv mention be4, i am kinda busy with my current work n projects so the no of stocks i am holding is nt as many be4.

Do note that i hv no obligation to answer or share my personal things online. Neither do i claim myself to be any master in stocks.

Win or lose - i really cant be bothered. I am buying a company which i believe is undervalued n has a business potential which i believe in. And my strategy is accumulate on dip until the value gets unlocked. As simple as tat.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by newbiestock.

More
10 years 5 months ago #17827 by BotakBrian
Replied by BotakBrian on topic Eratat Lifestyle
Seems like you caught a falling knife and your strategy isn't working. You are just trying to catch the bottom ed from since the stock plunged from 14c to 9c...

newbiestock wrote:
Win or lose - i really cant be bothered. I am buying a company which i believe is undervalued n has a business potential which i believe in. And my strategy is accumulate on dip until the value gets unlocked. As simple as tat.

More
10 years 5 months ago #17828 by greenrookie
Replied by greenrookie on topic Eratat Lifestyle
Hey guys,

Give newbiestock a break, he might be right in the end, current price is not important, it's exit price that determined the last laugh.

Btw, if he is wrong, then the more we shouldn't rub salt to people' wound. Remember what goes round, comes round. I wouldn't like anyone gloating over my misjudgment, although I would not be affected.

• Fundamentalist
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #17834 by Fundamentalist
Replied by Fundamentalist on topic Eratat Lifestyle
Nope elbert.
If a person has only a 20k portfolio, 50% might sound a large percentage but in fact it is only worth 10k. But what is 10k to most serious investors?

The fact that he is young puts 10k an even easier amount to be earned over a short period of time. Hardly a vote of confidence.

So if someone tells you 100% of his portfolio is in Eratat, but it is only worth $800. Is it substantial in your eyes based on your idea of percentage allocation?

Newbiestock, noted. Thanks for clarification. Nothing else special. Wasn't looking for any specific value or number. Good luck on this counter.

Greenrookie.
Newbiestock might be right in this counter. But as I judge it, the extra distributors on board are perfect reasons to let the trade receivables grow further. In fact, with so many new distributors and shops reported, one could expect a substantial growth in trade receivables. Bear in mind a portion of it has been taken off by what I believe are creative means.

The debt isn't high yet, but bear in mind that instead of debt, this company went for placement in the earlier days instead of loans. It looks nicer on the balance sheet of course. But if it had went for loans instead, the whole balance sheet and its changes over time would have been eerily similar to Beauty China, i.e. taking on debt, increasing trade receivables but reporting increasing amount of earnings.

A true investor who is really concerned should buy a copy of Euromonitor's report on China's apparel sales to better confirm the numbers.

More
10 years 5 months ago #17835 by relaxing
Replied by relaxing on topic Eratat Lifestyle
Newbiestock – I think you are generous to share what were discussed in the recent briefing. Frankly, I won’t bother as it’s a thankless task. However, IMHO putting 50% of your portfolio on a S-Chip is too high , unless it’s not a big amount or that even if lost all, it’d not affect your lifestyle. Also, averaging down too much is risky , esp with the recent red flags. That said, it’s hard to predict S-Chips. Good luck.

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds