Eratat Lifestyle

• Fundamentalist
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 4 months ago #17802 by Fundamentalist
Replied by Fundamentalist on topic Eratat Lifestyle
Dear newbiestock, wow big is your position in Eratat?

You started in 2009, assuming graduation in that year, which puts you at best near 30. Since it is only 1 of 3 stocks you own, I guess it is at best $30k or less, which is probably a mere tiny blip.

Seriously, don't bet on the sharebuyback. Lots of companies ask for share buyback mandates but did not execute it. Just check out on SGX announcements.

Common sense tells that if Eratat has the spare cash to do share buybacks, they wouldn't have needed to resort to taking on a bond with a horrendous interest rate to grow.

If they are really so confident of making more than the bond interest rates, that is a pretty high margin, and it makes more sense to plough more into the business than to do some share buybacks to satisfy investors who don't think deeper into financials.

I'm not sure how long you have been working or dealing with people in society, but standard template answers like theirs are aplenty.
Ask about share buybacks? Typical answer: in consideration.
Ask about book orders not revealed? Easy answer: Concern noted.

The art of answering without answering. Obviously you have been played around without you knowing or acknowledging it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #17803 by BotakBrian
Replied by BotakBrian on topic Eratat Lifestyle
My guess is newbiestock's paper losses on eratat is at least 5 digits....

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #17804 by newbiestock
Replied by newbiestock on topic Eratat Lifestyle
Fundamentalist,

there was a long debate yesterday at the briefing regarding growth, bond interest, sharebuyback and profits beating the bond interests. It's too lengthy to type out these discussion points.

If your mind is close and you think AGM and result briefings are waste of time, then there's nothing much I can say to you.

I already stressed numerous times, look forward to 2014. I hope I don't have to repeat anymore.

just watch n time will tell.

botak, none of your business. Don't be a kaypo and stop asking me any lame questions.

Let's just keep this thread solely for Eratat discussion. I shall refrain from answering any personal qns or anything that is outside the scope. This thread is not for any personal showoff or how experience someone is.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by newbiestock.

More
10 years 4 months ago #17810 by elbert
Replied by elbert on topic Eratat Lifestyle
It is very funny to see people ask : what is your position size ? How much you lost ? It is like asking people : what is your salary. It is rude.

More
10 years 4 months ago #17812 by newbiestock
Replied by newbiestock on topic Eratat Lifestyle

elbert wrote: It is very funny to see people ask : what is your position size ? How much you lost ? It is like asking people : what is your salary. It is rude.

Exactly, elbert. Thanks a lot !

anyway, the briefing is not a waste of time like some others think. TCFO ken did share a lot about the business outlook and insights, the challenges, their future plan. And, trust me, the discussion was long and debated thoroughly. Major shareholders' concern was definitely raised.

i am sorry that it's not possible for me to put everyhing discussed here. But no worries, if you miss the briefing. The company is sound, executing what is planned. just be patient bah.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #17813 by Skeptic
Replied by Skeptic on topic Eratat Lifestyle

elbert wrote: It is very funny to see people ask : what is your position size ? How much you lost ? It is like asking people : what is your salary. It is rude.

Only those who are losing money say it is rude :P

I'm afraid this is the case for most Eratat shareholders at this point.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Skeptic.

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds