Eratat Lifestyle

More
10 years 5 months ago #17758 by chinsoonyuen
Replied by chinsoonyuen on topic Eratat Lifestyle
i always think of buffett when investing...he started investing at 10+yr old and today he is 90. did we all missed out something?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #17759 by observer2
Replied by observer2 on topic Eratat Lifestyle
Hi, Relaxing & Greenrookie,
Thanks for sharing your experiences. Many people I know, and myself, have also gone through similar experiences. The questions that many of us used to ask were – It is so easy to make money in the stock market, just buy low and sell high; how was it that we still lose back all our money AT THE END OF THE DAY? How could this happen and why we never learn from our past mistakes?

The answer is that the market is irrational. It has the habit of fooling us every now and then. Hence, we need to also understand market behavior as well as market participants’ (like ourselves) behavior so as to lessen the chances of being fooled again. As a simple illustration, our STI used to follow diligently Dow’s movement but now and then it decided to chart its own path fooling many who believed it would continue to be doing so.
When the market is at the start of a long bullish trend (only once in a long while), investors do not require much skills or qualifications to make money. Hence, almost all investors would make money easily and become complacent. When the market continues its ascend to the top, the downside risks keep increasing and the upside potential percentage gains decreasing. As all good things must eventually come to an end, investors who get caught with high-end purchases are likely to suffer huge losses especially when the inevitable or an unexpected event surfaced with the market going into a big plunge. This pattern is being repeated over and over and accounted for many smart people losing money at the end of the day.

A useful reminder for many of us is –
“FOOL ME ONCE, SHAME ON YOU
FOOL ME TWICE, SHAME ON ME”

• Fundamentalist
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #17767 by Fundamentalist
Replied by Fundamentalist on topic Eratat Lifestyle

newbiestock wrote: botak, besides Eratat, i still hold NeraTel and Cambridge.

NeraTel - bought middle of last year and still holding. No plans to sell nor add any yet.

Cambridge- bought and hold since late 2009.

As for rest of stocks, hv exited, including Lee Metal and Kingsmen Creative.

for neratel and cambridge, not much to really talk abt unlike Eratat... haha.

Kinda busy lately so not much time to trade or to research for new stocks to invest..

What's your portfolio size?

What's your percentage of networth in the market?

More
10 years 5 months ago #17771 by BotakBrian
Replied by BotakBrian on topic Eratat Lifestyle
In a bull market, everyone is a hero. In a bear market then you will know who is swimming naked lol...

observer2 wrote: Hi, Relaxing & Greenrookie,
Thanks for sharing your experiences. Many people I know, and myself, have also gone through similar experiences. The questions that many of us used to ask were – It is so easy to make money in the stock market, just buy low and sell high; how was it that we still lose back all our money AT THE END OF THE DAY? How could this happen and why we never learn from our past mistakes?

The answer is that the market is irrational. It has the habit of fooling us every now and then. Hence, we need to also understand market behavior as well as market participants’ (like ourselves) behavior so as to lessen the chances of being fooled again. As a simple illustration, our STI used to follow diligently Dow’s movement but now and then it decided to chart its own path fooling many who believed it would continue to be doing so.
When the market is at the start of a long bullish trend (only once in a long while), investors do not require much skills or qualifications to make money. Hence, almost all investors would make money easily and become complacent. When the market continues its ascend to the top, the downside risks keep increasing and the upside potential percentage gains decreasing. As all good things must eventually come to an end, investors who get caught with high-end purchases are likely to suffer huge losses especially when the inevitable or an unexpected event surfaced with the market going into a big plunge. This pattern is being repeated over and over and accounted for many smart people losing money at the end of the day.

A useful reminder for many of us is –
“FOOL ME ONCE, SHAME ON YOU
FOOL ME TWICE, SHAME ON ME”

More
10 years 5 months ago #17775 by davidkie
Replied by davidkie on topic Eratat Lifestyle
hi newbiestock,

any good news from today briefing?

More
10 years 5 months ago #17779 by newbiestock
Replied by newbiestock on topic Eratat Lifestyle
just got home so just some quick points here for the time being...

I believe Nextinsight will do a writeup regarding this briefing soon.

+ Sharebuyback is in consideration. The sharebuyback mandate lasts till next yr Apr. so just wait patiently.

+ Can look forward to year 2014 as they undergo expansion and build their sales network... Should be able to expect more news in 2014 as plans get more firmed up, i guess.

+ The new 15 distributors will have a shorter credit days while old distributors will still be given the 120 days credit for the time being. But as new distributors grow, we should see the AR and cashflow improve over a medium to long term horizon. But for short term, the impact in AR will be minimal.

+ Regarding book orders not revealed, the management has noted the concern. They will see how it goes.

davidkie wrote: hi newbiestock,

any good news from today briefing?

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds