A rally is a rally.

More
12 years 5 days ago #8899 by relaxing
Replied by relaxing on topic Re:A rally is a rally.
Generally I never bother about hopeless making penny stocks and only heard of JEL last week. I noticed the high daily volumes recently but never bothered. I should pay more attention as they do impact other stocks. These retail speculators are likely to be on contra or margin , hence I think this week will be bad for non-blue chip stocks as today is T+3 from last Wed's peak frenzy.   But never rule out more of the same  in next few weeks? My views only.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cheongwee.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 5 days ago #8911 by cheongwee.
Replied by cheongwee. on topic Re:Re:A rally is a rally.
Yes, you are wise, dont listen to those who write long message, talking about value. Taliking about long term.
Do you know what means by long term???Longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg...yes that is how long...imagine your finger got stick on the key "g" on your keyboard. That is how long.
There was a guy who bought Sakari at 3...now it is 1.97..and he say now i am a long term invester, and he console himself by saying at least, it pay a good dividend. But what u did not know is that he is paying himself div, he is sitting on huge losses.
Never, be a long term invester. I know, u want to name a guy WB, right? U want to take him as a good example. But unfortunately, there is only one WB in this world. Can you be one tenth of him?? or one thousandth??
I know a guy who bought a solid stock , from $7, and still holding it, Today it is only a dollar plus. Do you know what is the counter. COSCO.
When will cosco go back to $7???
So , there was a lot of guy who bought shanghai at 5000 high. They said now it a good time to buy, It is very low, good value. I believe these are the guy who bought at 5000 and now become a long term invester.
Long term value investing no longer work since the subprime crises. Have a stop for all your vestment and get ready to buy China Shanghai at 1000 or lower.
You can write 20 chapter on value, but at the end of the day, a good stock is one that make you money. 
You always heard ppl said long term, ask them what they means ??? how long???

[hr]
[relaxing 30-04-2012]:

Generally I never bother about hopeless making penny stocks and only heard of JEL last week. I noticed the high daily volumes recently but never bothered. I should pay more attention as they do impact other stocks. These retail speculators are likely to be on contra or margin , hence I think this week will be bad for non-blue chip stocks as today is T+3 from last Wed's peak frenzy.   But never rule out more of the same  in next few weeks? My views only.  

More
11 years 10 months ago #9751 by Val
Replied by Val on topic Re:A rally is a rally.
[url=http://www.nextinsight.net
/story-archive-mainmenu-60/916-2012/4978-jim-chuong-my-lazy-way-to-getting-rich]JIM CHUONG: My lazy way to getting rich (Part 1)

[/url]

This guy Jim makes great sense.

Quote: In a 'normal' or bull market economy, it is extremely difficult to make money. Prices are too high. And when prices are not too high, it's usually because the business that I'm looking at is going through a problem. And problems are difficult to diagnose as terminal or turnaround (see K-Swiss). At least for me it is quite difficult. My brain can only handle easy problems.
A market wide crash is an easy problem. I can have a spectacularly performing business that will simply collapse in sympathy with a meltdown. How easy is that? I already know that the business is healthy and I get to pick it up on the cheap! As far as I’m concerned, that’s pretty easy (cue pressing the oversized red Staples “Easy” button).
We should all hope that this down grade causes another market meltdown. Why work for money when the market can give it to you for free?
[url=http://www.nextinsight.net
/story-archive-mainmenu-60/916-2012/4978-jim-chuong-my-lazy-way-to-getting-rich][/url]

• Rock
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 10 months ago #9756 by Rock
Replied by Rock on topic Re:A rally is a rally.

I identify 2 types of long term investors:
The 1st type are value investors. They invest in the growing business of the company as long as the company performing. They will sell outonly if the company are not performing and take some profit when the share price over run the company fundamental.
The 2nd so call long term investors the one sell the winner & keep the loosers. Reason;  that is human nature, only want to win but refuse to loose. (Kia su). So eventually this group holding all the junk stocks for year, many of this stocks areonce high flyers. So this group end up becomes long term investors.

• cheongwee
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 10 months ago #9826 by cheongwee
Replied by cheongwee on topic Re:A rally is a rally.
This rally is not a bull rally, but a secular bear rally, and going to be a strong one. Nothing have been solve, except to give more debt to minus current one.
But who care, so long they don't default in the immediate future, Who care what come may next year.  Invester are only interest in immediate term. Thus the rally. Be careful and  to alight at a station near safety. Leave those sexy women for the PIGS.
Next year will be even more prfitable,
We are going to short big time, Go open CFD acc, and learn to short.

• cheongwee
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 10 months ago #9828 by cheongwee
Replied by cheongwee on topic Re:A rally is a rally.
There are alot type of invester. But why should we choose and be one type only. Like people say, i am a value invester, i am a long term invester.
To surivive in the market in these current situation, u be one type will be a disaster.
So why not be a long , when mkt rally, like right now!!! and short when bad news aplenty.
Going forward,  buy and hold , does not really work, if you have bought in 1996 at sti 2500, u hardly make mney, and worse if u have bought at 2007 high at sti 3800, u are still in the red. Even if this rally hit 3800 , u just break even.
Follow the trend, the trend is your friend. That is the way gong forward.
Unless you look 15 yrs ahead. But why ride up and down and make peanut.
Go with the market,
But u said WB, going forward, WB will break even only if dow collapse to 4000. this is what i am looking at. U said that is not true, we will see.
Bob Prechter of EWI is looking at dow 1000,,,not a typo error...yes 1000..u read at his site.

Time to create page: 0.247 seconds