A rally is a rally.

More
12 years 1 month ago #8485 by hisey
[hr]
[observer2 05-03-2012]:

The DJIA formed a Golden Cross on 3 Jan 2012 at 12,397 points and has been holding up well up to now. The HSI and the STI, both appear rather certain to form also a Golden Cross by the close of trading tomorrow (6/3/12) - can also expect some analysts to talk about this over the next few days. Those with positions on hand can then take comfort that the trend is on their side, at least for the short term.  So is the Golden Cross for STI is on course after these 2 days drop? Me new to charts

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #8488 by observer2
Replied by observer2 on topic Re:A rally is a rally.
The Hang Seng Index (HSI) formed a Golden Cross after the close of trading on Tuesday (6/3/2012) basing on Yahoo Chart. The STI was just 7 points short [STI – 2,932; 50D MA – 2,867; 200D MA – 2,873]; and should have formed this cross after today. Below is a definition of the Golden Cross -
“The Golden Cross represents a major shift from the bears to the bulls. It triggers when the 50-day average breaks above the 200-day average. Conversely, the Death Cross restores bear power when the 50-day falls back beneath the 200-day. The 200-day average becomes major resistance after the 50-day average drops below it, and major support after breaking above it. When price gets trapped between the 50-day and 200-day averages, it can whipsaw repeatedly between their price extremes. This pinball action marks a zone of opportunity for swing trades.” –
 From:  www.tradingday.com/c/tatuto/movingaveragecrossovers.html
A Golden Cross that appears after a long bear trend generally has higher reliability. However, retail investors attempting to use it as timing signal for entry into stocks would likely be disappointed, as the share price of many stocks would likely have gone up by 30 to 100% from their lowest point. As an illustration, in the bear market of 2008/9, the STI hit a low point of 1,456 on 9/3/2009 before the market recovery; Keppel Corp was around $4.10 then. A Golden Cross was formed only towards end-May 2009 with the price of Keppel Corp having risen to around $7 by then.

More
12 years 1 month ago #8494 by yeng
Replied by yeng on topic Re:A rally is a rally.
Sigh, last few days I was caught up like everyone else in the worry about Greece again. I am going to remind myself (and everyone who would listen) that really, the problem will work its way through.

And concurrently, there are positives from the US market -- which is why Asian stocks are up today.  US employment numbers are getting more positive.

More
12 years 1 month ago #8507 by Joes
More than 75% of Greece's private-sector creditors have pledged to take part in Greece's €200 billion ($262.98 billion) debt swap, according to a Greek government official.
The government official, speaking hours before Thursday's deadline for bondholders to make their intentions known, said participation as of Wednesday had reached 75%. A Greek cabinet minister late Thursday said the participation was "around 80%."
Those high numbers indicate that Greece will go ahead with the restructuring—the largest-ever sovereign-debt default and the first for a Western European country in half a century.

- www.marketwatch.com

• cheongwee.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 1 month ago #8509 by cheongwee.
Replied by cheongwee. on topic Re:Re:Re:A rally is a rally.
Just like i expect it to be. Insider create fear, and many sell out cheap and get got cheated by them.
I am lucky to sell early and buy back on crash ,another big pay day for me.
you can check the timing of my previous posts.
Thanks the market. all profit go to good uses for the masses.
may all be well and happy
never buy pennies,unless you want to be penniless.
never be stubborn, you pay for it later, till you got no mood to post here.
wait come summer it will be too late, 
[hr]
[cheongwee 07-03-2012]:

If you have read that article i posted, you might have sell already like me.
seekingalpha.com/article/409401-coming-w...ail_macro_view&ifp=0
I sold last week.
But i still think rally will not end till June or late July.
I am taking this opportunity to profit.
Insider leak out that only some 20% of creditor accept the Greece debt deal, but do you believe what insider said.
They will said the opposite to profit,and cause mkt to panic sell so they can buy cheap from you., thus they said only 20%, it need to have 75%.
But i think crediter will accept, because they may get nothing if they dont.
i might be wrong. but i dont think so.
[hr]
[cheongwee 05-03-2012]:

Personnally, i think rally will last till summer. But whatever the outcome, do have a cut loss for all vestment as a portaection or do take profit as you go as you are satisfy or your tg px hiy, do not wait, be happy with them, the mkt is always there, but not your price, it may be gone in a day of crash.
I would like to share this.
seekingalpha.com/article/409401-coming-w...ail_macro_view&ifp=0

More
12 years 1 month ago #8510 by Joes
Replied by Joes on topic Great news for pennies & blues
Great news for pennies & blue chips alike as the economic strength of USA will underpin stock market upside for Singapore:

Bloomberg --- Household confidence improved last week to a four-year high as more Americans said the economy was improving and decided it was a good time to shop.
The Bloomberg Consumer Comfort Index (COMFCOMF) was minus 36.7 in the period ended March 4, the highest since April 2008, up from minus 38.8 in the prior period. The gauge on the state of the economy reached a one-year high, while the buying-climate measure climbed to a level last exceeded in December 2009.  
For a fifth straight week, half of those surveyed also rated their personal finances as positive, bolstered by a resilient stock market, faster job growth and rising wages. Stronger household balance sheets may be helping ease the sting of the steepest gasoline prices in almost a year.

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds