China Animal

More
11 years 11 months ago #9337 by yeng
Replied by yeng on topic Re:China Animal
Logically, you need to open an account with CDP in HK. It's a place to "store" your shares.

Logically, you wouldnt need to open a broker account but it means you can't trade those shares. So, sooner or later, when you want to sell (or even buy), you will need to open a HK account.

Just my guess -- I may be wrong! There is no precedent, if my memory serves me right

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #9347 by SWN
Replied by SWN on topic Re:China Animal
Some one borrowed 50000 shares from my CDP account since 14 May, I wonder why it was done before the delisting announcement? Is it to short the market but there was not much volume during those days when prices were around 23 cents. Any one can comment?

More
11 years 11 months ago #9351 by relaxing
Replied by relaxing on topic Re:Re:China Animal
Maybe that someone did sell short as 50K is not much , but now has to buy back at 28 cts LoL.  Don’t know why that someone have not returned the shares as the delisting is almost certain isn’t it ? ( am not vested so don’t know )
Maybe SGX should temporarily suspend share borrowing of S-Chips as they are mostly illiquid and shorties have added a lot of misery to retail investors. Otherwise we don’t allow our S-Chips to be lent out , which may help ?  What do forerunners think?
[hr]
[SWN 29-05-2012]:

Some one borrowed 50000 shares from my CDP account since 14 May, I wonder why it was done before the delisting announcement? Is it to short the market but there was not much volume during those days when prices were around 23 cents. Any one can comment?

More
11 years 11 months ago #9360 by Mel
Replied by Mel on topic Re:Re:China Animal
Yeah, it's odd for my friend too -- Second bunch of borrowing of her CAH shares a few days ago. Do you have any idea now why some joker has been borrowing CAH shares?
[hr]
[SWN 29-05-2012]:

More
11 years 11 months ago #9361 by SWN
Replied by SWN on topic Re:China Animal
I also dont know the reason, that is why I raised in this forum hoping others who know can comment.
Also noticed one of the funds has been unloading their shares in the company. wonder who are the buyers who picked them up, is it the Chairman?

More
11 years 11 months ago #9367 by springpig
Replied by springpig on topic Re:China Animal
Probably those are the speculators who expect the share price to go down in the short term (since those who bought at cheap price before the announcement may be locking profit by selling the shares).
Their risk is:  if any BBs are bold enough to patiently collect the shares at 28 cents and wait until the whole thing is completed, those shortists are doomed.

In my opinion, there is a possibility the company doesn't even have to fork out cash from its pocket. They can just collect the shares from minority shareholders in Singapore for 30 cents, then do share placement to any fund manager at the price greater or equall to 30 cents.  =D
Probably HK market has begun to climb by the time Singapore delisting is completed.

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds