Teckwah Industries

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #3100 by erelation
FYI The hunt for yields Here\'s a selection of regional stocks that appear promising in terms of dividend payouts By TEH HOOI LING SENIOR CORRESPONDENT ONE of the questions I\'m asked most often is: which good stocks provide decent dividend yields? Today, I\'ve decided to do a stock screening to see which names I come up with. I ranked stocks based on their dividend yields. And then, to make sure these yields have more certainty of being sustained, I weeded out those with a market capitalisation of less than $100 million and those deemed by StarMine (the provider of the data) to have low earnings quality - whose earnings can swing wildly. I carried out the screening process in four markets - Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan and Taiwan. Here\'s what I found: Taiwan has the most companies with a market cap of at least $100 million that pay dividends of 6 per cent or more. Many are technology-related companies. There are also some from the marine sector, in machinery manufacturing and real estate development. The median market cap of these companies is $218 million. I came up with the same number of companies from Singapore and Hong Kong - 16 from each market. Among Singapore stocks, Datapulse appears to be the highest dividend-paying stock that has been able to sustain its payout, at least in the past few years. Its yield this year, should it be able to sustain last year\'s magnitude of distribution, is 10.9 per cent. Meanwhile, its operating margin is healthy at 21.8 per cent and its pre-tax return on assets is 14.9 per cent. Big-cap stocks - with market cap of $1 billion and above - that made our list include StarHub, M1, SingPost, Venture Corp and Thai Beverage. StarHub\'s yield, based on last year\'s payout, is 8.7 per cent. M1\'s yield would work out to 6.4 per cent, and SingPost\'s at 6 per cent. Venture Corp and Thai Beverage would each have a yield of 5.6 per cent. The median market cap of these 16 stocks is $181 million.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by niadmin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #3128 by Dongdaemun
Replied by Dongdaemun on topic Re:Teckwah Industries
Super Teckwah! Final dividend is a bumper 2 cents, compared to 0.8 cents in 2008. EPS was 5.22 cents, much higher than expected. Company had $43 million in cash at end-Dec, and very little debt. Tomorrow, stock sure hit at least 36 cents. Ho Bee boss - just follow him next time he buys another stock..... hor?

More
14 years 4 months ago #3129 by RKAN
Replied by RKAN on topic Re:Teckwah Industries
That\'s great!!!

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #3132 by Dongdaemun
Replied by Dongdaemun on topic Re:Teckwah Industries
OMG, quite a bit of selling in the early trades cos these fellas were taking profit. But... hahahaaa...look at the buying now by value investors. Big buys - must be by people who recognise the value of Teckwah\'s business (and Windows 7 contribution to come). Stock now 34 cents. erelation, thank you for being the first to highlight this stock in Next-Insight (when it was only 18-20 cents). May it reach 45 cents!
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Dongdaemun.

More
14 years 4 months ago #3156 by Joes
Clearly a value stock that can post good capital gains in the future - target price 45 cents. Mine. The 2-cent final dividend is already a yield of 6%, who wants to park money in fixed deposits? But what Teckwah needs to do is to engage the investment community -- meet fund managers, analysts, high networth retail investors, etc. Otherwise, people dont get familiar with the stock and business on a ground level, hard to fall in luv with it.

More
14 years 4 months ago #3159 by newbie123
Replied by newbie123 on topic Re:Teckwah Industries
wow... Guess 40 cents and 45 cents will be a strong resistance for Teckwah... Think many will sell at that target price or after collecting the dividend Good company with fundamentals showing good profit margin growth. But what\'s next will be to see revenue growth...

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds