China New Town -- Worth a Punt ?

More
15 years 4 months ago #797 by MacGyver
That\'s why it is a punt. You would be missing the forest for the tress if you are waiting for the storm to clear. Nobody knows when the storm will clear except for the man with the crystal ball. In every bear market, there will be many bear rallies. How to determine when to get in and when to exit from these rallies can make a hell of differences to your portfolio performance. My own gut feeling (No fundamental basis) is that it will return to 5.5 cents. Whether it can go higher, will depends on whether the company can see profit in FY2009. Cheers :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #801 by peter lee
thank you for the enlightment. there are share buy-back and director buying. btw, what is your target price of it? and has anybody analyse this stock; Global Testing Corporation Limited? it has profit from jul to sep 2008. there are share buy-back and director buying. i welcome feedback on this? thank you

More
15 years 4 months ago #837 by Tony Adams
GLOBAL TESTING? I think semiconductor is also in bad shape..... Global Testing warns of Q4 loss By NISHA RAMCHANDANI GLOBAL Testing Corporation has warned of a fourth-quarter net loss, saying that its revenue performance for the period is expected to be weaker than previously projected as the weakening global economy has caused customers to scale back on new orders. The company is in the business of providing testing services such as wafer sorting and final testing services to the semi-conductor industry. \'The group expects its revenue performance to be weaker than its previous guidance of a 30-35 per cent sequential decline for 4Q08. On this basis, the group expects to report a loss in 4Q08,\' Global Testing said in a results guidance update yesterday. Q4 results are slated for release in February next year. The revised guidance is a result of the \'rapidly deteriorating global economy, which impacted end-demand substantially\'. Customers across various sectors are reducing their inventory and new orders. The lower revenue is also a reflection of the fewer working days in this quarter due to routine maintenance works in its facilities, Global Testing said. The group has testing facilities in Taiwan and California. Customers include Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing, United Microelectronics Corporation and Marvell Technology Group Limited. Global Testing closed at 3.5 cents yesterday, down half a cent. For 3Q08 ended Sept 30, Global Testing posted a 68.2 per cent plunge in net profit year on year to US$1.22 million, down from US$3.84 million previously. Revenue was 4.9 per cent lower at US$15.77 million

More
15 years 4 months ago #839 by peter lee
thank you Tony Tan for your reply. Ellipsiz is at 3.5 cts and has very low P/BV ratio (its NAV is 46cts). Recently, it issued right shares at 3.5 cts per right share on basis of 6 right shares for every 5 shares. BACKGROUND Ellipsiz is a probe card company and manufacturing solutions provider. It serves the semiconductor and electronics manufacturing services (EMS) industries. Its four core businesses are probe card manufacturing, wafer reclaim, equipment distribution & services and test & inspection-related services for printed circuit board assemblies (PCBAs). Ellipsiz currently has operations in Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, Vietnam, China, France and USA and a global network of sales and customer support centres. Can anybody comment on this stock? Will it be a good stock to buy and hold till market recovers? Thank you.

More
15 years 4 months ago #841 by investsgx
Since the burst of dot com bubble, I cannot recall any meaningful recovery of semiconductor sector. Therefore the macro perspective is out. To add on this, their clients are retrenching and shutting down their excess capacity. Future is as good as you guess. For punting, I will be interested to see VOLUME. However, that clearly lack of. The stock has fallen since end May 2007 until now. It shown an flat line now simply because it approaching half cents. NAV wise, I wish you do not bet on it. Those asset is good on book, not when you want to turn it to cash.

More
15 years 4 months ago #842 by Tony Adams
Investsgx, You are right. The volume is not big enough to attract the retail interests. Institutional interest is low at the momenet as the funds are closing / have closed their books. Hopefully, China New Town can build on the momentum that it has created in the last 2 months. I read some news on the company and the xinhua finance interview sounds positive. Vested interests in this Company :) :)

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds