2011 -- A repeat of 2010 market ?

More
13 years 1 month ago #6066 by greenrookie
Hi MacGyver,
Have you visited Qingmei? How is the power situation in Xiamen? Read in the newspaper that there are areas in china (YIYang HUNAN) that have power shortages, some are as serious as 1 out of 3 days, factories are asked to close. Did you see such an situation at FUjian Xiamen? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #6091 by pine
stock markets are unpredictable day to day......
LONDON, May 27 (Reuters) - European shares are set to open sharply higher on
 Friday, mirroring gains in Asia and on Wall Street, with firmer commodity prices
 seen supporting miners and oils ahead of a long weekend in the United States and
 Britain.

Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by pine.

More
13 years 1 month ago #6100 by MacGyver
Fellow Forummers,
I have just returned after a week out in Fujian. It has been a good trip visiting companies in Xiamen, Jinjiang and Longyan.
The only unfortunate thing is that I did not manage to visit Qingmei. Instead, I ended up visiting a massage chair manufacturer in Jinjiang -- The PRC version of OSIM.
Would encourage more investors to seriously consider visiting the companies facilities rather than reading the ARs. Those who have visited before and spoke to workers in the factories will know more about what is going on.
Will send some comments to Mr Leong after I have compiled all my data.
My comments are not meant as a recommendation for you to buy stocks.

More
13 years 1 month ago #6124 by pine
Bloomberg, May 31: European stocks climbed after the euro rallied to a three-week high as investors speculated that European officials will sanction additional financial assistance for Greece . U.S. futures and Asian shares advanced.
The benchmark Stoxx Europe 600 Index rose 0.6 percent to 280.54 at 8:23 a.m. in London . The gauge has fallen for four straight weeks amid speculation that Greece will restructure its debt and that the outlook for other economies in the euro area will deteriorate. Since reaching this year’s high on Feb. 17, the gauge has dropped 3.7 percent.
“We have gone through a period in which a lot more pessimism surrounding this topic has come into the market and we are seeing something of a rebound off the back of that,” said Valentijn Van Nieuwenhuijzen, head of strategy at ING Investment Management, in a Bloomberg Television interview. “The likelihood of an explosion of the Greek situation over the next couple of months seems to have come down.”

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds