Questions for Isaac

More
13 years 4 months ago #5208 by pine
Questions for Isaac was created by pine
Dear Isaac, congrats on yr investing success. Yr current investments - property & Reits - are yield plays offering 5-7% returns a year. No doubt you view the $300-400k cash-flow to be more than sufficient for yr spending in your retirement. May I know does that also imply you don't have a higher risk appetite for gains of 20% & beyond? Or is this a case of there being no 20% type of opportunities that you can find? Such returns appear to be available among small - & mid caps & S-chips? Are these outside of your area of interest or confidence ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Eagle
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 4 months ago #5213 by Eagle
Replied by Eagle on topic Re:Questions for Isaac
Is it time to take profit on property? Sell or hold for rental and capital appreciation?

More
13 years 4 months ago #5215 by Mel
Replied by Mel on topic Re:Re:Questions for Isaac
Everyone would say you have done extremely well in your investment. I gather that your accounting training enabled you to analyse financial statements easily and so on & so forth. I would like to ask : What personal factors do you think would have helped you become even more successful but these were not available to you? In other words, what factors in your personality and/or life circumstances could have helped you make $10 million by now if they were present .....but that was not the case?

More
13 years 4 months ago #5221 by Isaac
Replied by Isaac on topic Re:Re:Re:Questions for Isaac
Economics and Investment are not scientific subjects.A lot of sound judgement is involved and
this in turn demands good knowledge and experience in the area of finance,mathematics,current
affairs,etc. I think one ought to have discipline and tenacity of purpose when investing.I
am passionate about Investment as it is both my hobby and livelihood.
[hr]
[Dello 14-02-2011]:
Everyone would say you have done extremely well in your investment. I gather that your accounting training enabled you to analyse financial statements easily and so on & so forth. I would like to ask : What personal factors do you think would have helped you become even more successful but these were not available to you? In other words, what factors in your personality and/or life circumstances could have helped you make $10 million by now if they were present .....but that was not the case?

More
13 years 4 months ago #5222 by Isaac
Replied by Isaac on topic Re:Questions for Isaac
When I started as a private investor 10 years ago, I only bought shares that paid high dividends. UOL and Hong Leong Finance paid consistently good dividends of 7.5% and 8% pa respectively. CMT and A-Reits were introduced into Spore in 2002, paying dividends of 7% at the time. I have made enormous capital gains as well as dividends from these shares/reits over the years.
I think the most important thing about investment is timing. I could sense the financial storm coming in 2008/9  and I had employed the ‘withdrawal’ technique (instead of the price-averaging down) to fight the crashing market. When STI hit 1457 in March 2009, I used all my available ammunition to bet on the 4 Reits and the rest was history.  
[hr]
[abb 13-02-2011]:
Dear Isaac, congrats on yr investing success. Yr current investments - property & Reits - are yield plays offering 5-7% returns a year. No doubt you view the $300-400k cash-flow to be more than sufficient for yr spending in your retirement. May I know does that also imply you don't have a higher risk appetite for gains of 20% & beyond? Or is this a case of there being no 20% type of opportunities that you can find? Such returns appear to be available among small - & mid caps & S-chips? Are these outside of your area of interest or confidence ?

More
13 years 4 months ago #5223 by Isaac
Replied by Isaac on topic Re:Re:Questions for Isaac
II bought my investment property about 4 years ago.There is decent capital gain and good rental yield from this condo. I do not see the need to sell it now or in the foreseeable future.
[hr]
[Eagle 14-02-2011]:
Is it time to take profit on property? Sell or hold for rental and capital appreciation?

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds