Questions for Isaac

More
11 years 2 months ago #13724 by tsksg
Replied by tsksg on topic Questions for Isaac
Hi Isaac,

Many thanks for the reply. And indeed your stock picks are big winners. If I may ask, how do you select these stocks and how do you decide when to take profit on them? Are you able to share your insights in your stock picking skills?

Also I also see that you go for bonds like swiber & ezra that yield 6+%.. jus as your stocks that generate 6+% divd yield ... is this an impt criteria for you in picking an investment? I think there is SaizenREIT & Sabana REIT that still gives 6+% yield.. would these counters be in your consideration in future?

Finally, can i get your casual comment on property? izzit still a worthwhile investment option, given the rental yield has dropped to 3+%?

sorry if i am asking too many qns..but im really glad this forum exists to communicate with a seasoned & successful investor. Once again, many thanks for your selfless sharings.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #13730 by Isaac
Replied by Isaac on topic Questions for Isaac
Dear tsksg:

1.Stock picking is based on deep knowledge and experience in the stocks, the macro-economic environment and my own financial position. The other consideration is the Dividend Yield, Growth Potential and Liquidity.

2. I preferred Corporate Bonds with 3-4 years maturity. eg. Ezra, Swiber, Nam Cheong, Shui On , with average yield> 7% pa.

3. Singapore Property Prices have gone up to dangerous levels, with outskirt leasehold condo launches at >$1400 p.s.f. I believe a reversal of fortune in Property will
come, with a firmer U.S economic recovery and a hike in interest rate, liquidity drying up and an outflow of foreign fund. An over-supply of completed housing units by 2016 is un-timely if Spore economy slows.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Isaac.
The following user(s) said Thank You: greenrookie, tsksg

More
11 years 2 months ago #13733 by chinsoonyuen
Replied by chinsoonyuen on topic Questions for Isaac
Dear Isaac,

What is your weightage for stocks, bond and cash at present?

Is it a good idea to increase weightage for stocks now? Or it should be the opposite?

More
11 years 2 months ago #13737 by Isaac
Replied by Isaac on topic Questions for Isaac
Dear chinsoonyuen:

My current -

Property 50% Shares 40% Bonds n Cash 10%

My Shares n Bonds yield about 6% average.

I am gradually taking money off the table (sounds like a poker game).

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds