China Animal Healthcare - potential for high earnings growth

More
10 years 11 months ago #14268 by Val

MacGyver wrote: I maybe wrong and I hope I am.
But this latest updated announcement just reinforced my view that the deal is off.
The management of this Company is just delaying the news so that it will look like they have tried their very best but failed.

MacGyver: Any latest comments now that the deal has crystallised?

abb + kiasu: The stock is doing well in HK, equiv to 37 Singapore cents. It is creeping past the 30-c level in Singapore trading for potential arbitrage reasons. Buyers can buy Sing and sell HK later on. The risk here is that the delisting is not approved by shareholders at the SG EGM.

kiasu: I don't understand what you mean by the RMB / HK$ being at high now. How does this relate to the company's valuation? Thank you everyone! :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #14294 by Joes
Thank you for highlighting the arbitrage op. Do you have an estimate how long it would take to get to HK?

More
10 years 11 months ago #14344 by Joes
HK side trading at hkd2.20 which is equiv to 34.5 sgd cents.
The sg side is trading at 30.5 cents, giving sg buyers a 4 cent advantage if they buy and sell it in hk side. 4 cent capital gain is equal to 13%.

I believe the % arbitrage gain will widen when it's time to delist from sg and transfer to hkd as people throw the stock in sg.

More
10 years 10 months ago #14606 by Joes
Arbitrage gain potential still exists! Buy at 30.5 cents and sell in HK for HK$2.20 (35-36 sgd cents). The arbitrage gain is about 16% currently, not inclusive of broker commission.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yeng

More
10 years 9 months ago #15169 by yeng
The stock has traded down in HK to just HK1.85. The arbitrage gap has ceased. I suspect the reason is HK investors are now bracing for selling by Singapore investors who were planning to take adv. of an arbitrage gap. The delisting of China Animal Healthcare from Singapore gets closer by the day. On 12 August 2013, shareholders will vote on a resolution to delist from SG.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #15391 by yoghurt_yr
How to transfer my holdings to HK?
Must I open a trading account in HK, then transfer my shares there ?

Or can I transfer the shares to brokers company like DBS Vickers HK and ask them to keep for me under their name, just like any other HK stocks I bought thru them?

Thanks.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by yoghurt_yr.

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds