Opportunities In Out-of-favour Stocks

More
12 years 5 months ago #8066 by pine
Temporary insanity of overbearish market now corrected with stock reaching 14.1 cents
[hr]
[Mizzart99 29-11-2011]:
I have a question. Looking at qingmei stock today, I noticed that its stock is currently at 0.116. Its scrip dividend new shares are priced at 0.135. Hence is it possible/legal for qingmei to use its sharebuyback to buy shares at lower price right now and then re issue it out at 0.135 if there are ppl subscribing to its scrip dividend scheme (like its chairman)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #8179 by pine
Mizzart99, with Qingmet touching 16+ cents recently, what do you say? It does look to me that the market was irrational when pricing Qingmei at 11.6. And the Qingmei management was clueless about seizing opportunities to create value for shareholders.
[hr]
[Mizzart99 29-11-2011]:
I have a question. Looking at qingmei stock today, I noticed that its stock is currently at 0.116. Its scrip dividend new shares are priced at 0.135. Hence is it possible/legal for qingmei to use its sharebuyback to buy shares at lower price right now and then re issue it out at 0.135 if there are ppl subscribing to its scrip dividend scheme (like its chairman)?

• Outlier
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 1 week ago #9946 by Outlier
Replied by Outlier on topic Re:Opportunities In Out-of-favour Stocks
Have just stumbled on this thread. Six months ago, people were talking about Qingmei, World Precision, China Minzhong, etc.

Look at the prices now. Qingmei & Minzhong have gone down  50% roughly.
World Precision has risen about 3 cents to touch 50 cents.

Stocks swing -- will Qingmei and Minzhong be a 30% gainer in the next few months?

• Ops
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago #10180 by Ops
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) — U.S. stocks surged Friday, with the Dow extending its longest weekly winning streak of 2012, after July jobs data beat expectations and investors found reason for cheer on Europe.

Tallying its fourth weekly rise, the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA +1.69% rose 217.29 points, or 1.7%, to 13,096.17, up 0.2% from last Friday’s close.
The nonfarm payrolls report “put traders in a good mood, after four days of being in a bad mood,” said Ron Florance, managing director of investment strategy for Wells Fargo Private Bank, of the market’s best session in more than a month.
“Our markets are nicely in the green today, and we have to give some of the credit to Europe,” said John De Clue, a regional investment director at U.S. Bank, citing behind-the-scene efforts by European leaders to put a concrete plan together.

• Ops
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago #10293 by Ops
Good news for the weekend .

After a 70-point drop, the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA +0.32% ended up 42.76 points, or 0.3%, at 13,207.95.

Star performer was Hewlett-Packard Co. HPQ +1.49% . It rose 0.9% for the week.

At five straight weeks, the blue-chip Dow is in its longest winning streak since October.

More
11 years 10 months ago #10531 by rabbitfoot
Gallant's opening of Lagoi Bay early next year will be a big, big Catalyst

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds