Opportunities In Out-of-favour Stocks

More
12 years 7 months ago #7664 by Mizzart99
I have a question. Looking at qingmei stock today, I noticed that its stock is currently at 0.116. Its scrip dividend new shares are priced at 0.135. Hence is it possible/legal for qingmei to use its sharebuyback to buy shares at lower price right now and then re issue it out at 0.135 if there are ppl subscribing to its scrip dividend scheme (like its chairman)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #7722 by Joes
Some people don't believe in Qingmei .

More
12 years 6 months ago #7723 by Joes
observer2, do u expect still a rally in Jan 2012? I think something positive could come out of the EU summit this week which could give the market more confidence

More
12 years 6 months ago #7761 by observer2
Hi, Joes,
I could be wrong but I still believe there is a fair chance of a small rally occurring in January 2012 if no major bad news surfaces. However, I also believe that it is best for small investors who are not good traders to stay on the sideline as any rally are more likely to be confined to selective or special situational stocks and the profit margins are also likely to be small.
We are in a bear market setting and past bear markets had shown that it is often wise for investors (who are not seasoned players) to stay clear from all stocks, especially out-of-favor and penny stocks, in a bear market for at least 12 to 18 months from the market peak. The market peak this time is 9 November 2010 with the STI closing at 3,313. For those who were caught holding penny stocks (catching falling knives), it is also a wise move to seriously consider switching from a weak or bad stock to one with better fundamentals and prospects of recovery. when there is virtually no interest for penny stocks (usually 12 to 18 months after the market peak) – a matter of survival. As selective blue chips and good second liners were usually the ones that rose first in a market upturn, investors would do well to focus on such stocks at the low end of a bear market.

More
12 years 6 months ago #7826 by pine
Eh, is it the cheery year-end and Xmas spirit spilling over to the stock market? More and more people seem to be expecting a rally ...What to buy, ah? While I hope forumers will share their picks, I shamelessly promote the following as my 'buy' stock ideas: World Precision Machinery (44 cents) and China Minzhong (71 cents).

More
12 years 5 months ago #8002 by Val
Rally is indeed here! Euro crisis is easing?

Anyway, stocks touted in this forum have done well.

World Precision Machinery at 47 and China Minzhong touched 92 cents.

Will Innotek continue its run? Will Trek soar?

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds