Opportunities In Out-of-favour Stocks

More
13 years 1 month ago #6012 by ethan999
Hi MacGyver,

Good luck for your visit to China. You should have a look at Eratat Lifestyle and Changjiang Fertilizer as well, all undervalued with great growth potential. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #6020 by Morpheus
MacGyver,
Why do you like Qingmei?
Can you elaborate more on your selection of stocks?

Thank you!

More
13 years 1 month ago #6082 by observer2
Replied by observer2 on topic Re:Qingmei
Below is a posting from another forum that may be of interest to some readers here:
" I work at a hedge fund and we're looking at taking a sizable position in Qingmei (similar to Hunter from AUS). Just got done visiting with management a week ago. Our approach is value based and the new capacity which is online along with new capacity being developed will offset the additional tax rate#. It is hard to find equities paying dividends over 10% in a currency we like (SGD). Management's interest is also aligned with ours. The sell off was driven by buyers at the IPO who wanted to liquidate and were holding onto their shares for an opportunity to break even. With prices where they are it's a steal! " - 27 May 2011: 2:45 am
# - Do note the following from IPO prospectus:
“Upon expiry of the tax holiday on 31 December 2011, a unified income tax rate of 25% is applicable to Qingmei (PRC)”
Current tax rate is about 12%.
If what the writer said is true, shareholders can expect some activity in this stock soon; if not, they may have to wait until August 2011.

More
13 years 1 month ago #6087 by yeng
Thank you for sharing but I doubt it’s a genuine.

a) It cannot be permissible for a fund manager to publicly state that his fund will be buying a specifically named stock. If he said so in a mainstream media, he will be in hot soup. If  he did it anonymously in an online forum, he must be viewed as having a hidden agenda.

b) A fund manager who publicly says he is buying a specific stock is only shooting himself in the foot, and undermining the interest of his employer/fund especially  if the stock price runs as a result.

Just my 2 yuan worth.

More
13 years 1 month ago #6090 by penghock
look what I found..

there is a company doing so similar business like Qingmei listed in KL. going for TDR.
also doing RB, MD I and MD II

gosh.. why so similar. but I can't find who are there big customers though..

here is the link

www.baixingshoes.com/en/product/mdsole/

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #6204 by sheng
Bro MacGyver,

Can you please share your findings on Qingmei on your Fujian trip?

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds