KING WAN CORP -- loads of cash

More
10 years 8 months ago #15722 by lotustpsll
These are options for management to consider. Looking at events over the past 12 months, the management is clearly on top of things and the resultant additional cash flow for next 12 months could be immense from its core business revenue, shipping charters, sale or part sale of KTIS shares. Recent 1Q results were impressive.

Shareholders who are patient will be amply rewarded.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #15754 by Rich
Replied by Rich on topic KING WAN CORP -- loads of cash
A dividend payout by KTIS will be certainly welcome by King Wan as long as it holds some shares of KTIS.

Will there be volatility too in the Profit & Loss statement of King Wan from the KTIS shares being marked to market?

More
10 years 8 months ago #15756 by lotustpsll
It all depends on how this investment is classified in the balance sheet. My take is that it will be treated as long term investments, hence will be accounted at cost (not marked to market). The difference in value should be commented in the notes of the financial statements.

More
10 years 8 months ago #15804 by yeng
Replied by yeng on topic KING WAN CORP -- loads of cash
KTIS' appln for IPO has been approved by SEC!

See:

capital.sec.or.th/webapp/webnews/news.ph...-19&edate=2013-08-23

2nd last column: The approval date of securities issuance

More
10 years 8 months ago #15820 by zane
Replied by zane on topic KING WAN CORP -- loads of cash
King Wan this morning issued a press rls, saying the IPO approval is one step closer to unlocking value of its KTIS shares.

infopub.sgx.com/FileOpen/KWCPressRelease...cement&FileID=253762

More
10 years 8 months ago #15833 by lotustpsll
A major milestone achieved and a potential game changer for the company. It can reward its shareholders with higher dividend payouts and/or use the cash for investing in other cash generating business (such as ship chartering)or retain some stake in KTIS. In my years of investing in small caps in Hongkong and Spore. King Wan would rank highly in my list in value creation for shareholders and the manner it is managed. In the past I have had some sparkling runs (2 to 3 baggers) in small caps in Hongkong, such as Sasa, Bonjour, Suga and I see King Wan in this light as well. Kudos to the management.

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds