Duty Free International

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #13817 by divads
Replied by divads on topic Duty Free International
Look at my previous posting. I predicted July Q1/14.
Price dropped due to no dividend declared in Q4/13.

BUT

Read the tone of the full year 2013 financial report. Does not sound too good. I think they may NOT declare a special dividend as they want to preserve the cash for the challenging, uncertainties and challenger environment.

Their CEO also just resigned too.

Quote:
With the completion of DMSB Agreement, on 15 March 2013, the Group is expected to realise an estimated gain on disposal of approximately RM120 million for the financial year ending 28 February 2014. However, the Duty Free business of the Group operates in a challenging and competitive environment, and with the uncertainties in the global economies,
the Group is maintaining a cautious outlook on the operating performance of the Group for the next 12 months.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by divads.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #14178 by AlexTan
Replied by AlexTan on topic Duty Free International
divads and garl dutyfree how??

Seems like the stock is quite soft with low trading volume. and it seems they have broken their dividend giving policy/ cycle/ trend. Quite concerned.

Anyone want to email them to ask about how they intend to use the proceeds from the land sale? Any of you know when is the upcoming quarterly results??

Do let me know.

More
10 years 10 months ago #14181 by Rich
Replied by Rich on topic Duty Free International
Last year the AGM was held on June 27.
The 1Q results were announced on July 10.

The AGM is a good pl to go ask the management abt the land sale proceeds and what they intend to do with it. As for 1Q results, I think a dividend will be paid from the land sale proceeds.

It's not likely the company will answer by email now a question on how they intend to use the land sale proceeds.

More
10 years 9 months ago #14732 by AlexTan
results out yester 8pm. dividend announce 2.5 cents = normal dividend 1 cent + 1.5 interim dividend.

but share price never move up?

More
10 years 9 months ago #14733 by AlexTan
the dividend yield is around 6.4% at the current price of 0.39

More
10 years 8 months ago #14798 by Rich
Replied by Rich on topic Duty Free International
1 cent is the normal dividend while 1.5 cents is the special dividend. so 6.4% is not based on the 'normal' payout. However, the interim dividend will be next to come. In the previous year, they also gave 1 cent interim dividend. Woohooo Let's wait!

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds