MIDAS PERFORMANCE:

FY 2010
Profit = RMB 238.5m Profit margin = 28.8%

FY 2011 = RMB 187.4m profit margin = 20.9%

FY 2012
Profit = RMB 27.8m Profit margin = 5% PE = 106

FY 2013 1 st Q
Profit = RMB 4.9m (loss)

From the data everyone can see that Midas performance is very bad.
Divident paid out is reducing yearly instead of increasing.

From the above I find it is very dangerous to cheer and promote this stock and post in so many forums.
We should be helping and promoting only safe stocks in this forum so that everyone can invest sucessfully.
I'm not worry about season investors but it's the new investors I'm worry about.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yeng
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 10 months ago #14389 by GEO
Replied by GEO on topic MIDAS HOLDINGS
I followed into Midas when Kevin Scully cover this stock in his articles post in NextInsight. Why investors bought into this stock is because they are betting on its recovery through winning contracts from its subsidiary as china government will resume spending tons of $ on building its railway. The risk for Midas is if they cant get the big bulk of the contracts but till now so far so good for its contracts win. There is always risk involved for any investment (big or small).
The following user(s) said Thank You: yeng
More
10 years 10 months ago #14396 by Rock
Replied by Rock on topic MIDAS HOLDINGS
I agree with you Geo. But the contracts Midas secured will not guarantee profit. There are always risks. We have to manage the risk of the company. Look at the contracts Midas secure during December 2011, more than RMB 4 billion yet the stock has yet to fly.
Midas I believe is a high risk stock. In fact I like Dukang for able to increase it’s top and bottom lines yearly, yet I did not invest in Dukang because of hidden risk which I can’t manage. In fact I believe Dukang is a better stock than Midas.
Why? Just look at the milk powder problem in china.
The key is manage the risks in the companies invested.
More
10 years 9 months ago #14870 by ZEN
Replied by ZEN on topic MIDAS HOLDINGS
Midas Holdings said it has won a 44.3 million yuan ($9.2 million) contract from CNR Changchun Railway Vehicles Co., Ltd for two subway lines in the northeastern city of Changchun in China. Jilin Midas, a subsidiary of the company, will supply aluminium alloy extrusion profiles for 44 train sets with delivery expected from 2013 to 2015.
More
10 years 9 months ago #14891 by ZEN
accumulation and breaking through 45c today
More
10 years 9 months ago #14949 by ZEN
the volume today spells rally coming
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds