When 9 out of ten are pessimistic.

• cheongwee.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 8 months ago #7453 by cheongwee.
Replied by cheongwee. on topic Re:When 9 out of ten are pessimistic.
i think only a miracle can save europe, all talk and no much action, because suffering is not many can take for years, Austerities is no small matter, and i think the european do not have the will to go thro all these.
You read this Isaac Chin, he is out of mkt since 2 mths back and he don't regret miss out this rally. He is right in a way, opportunity is always there, I and  all like Isaac will wait for opportunity. 
But unlike Isaac, i may jeep in to make now and then, how can side line and see px going up and down big move without participation of some kind.
It have been a profitable shorting since Aug, i think now time to rally till end of dec.
Next year will be the yr of reckoning. Isaac is 62 and he can still afford to wait , so why can't i , i am 33.
Luckily i was with other broker and not MF global, otherwise today i would be in deep trouble.
Hope you guy do not have acc with them.
Always have stop loss for all position and take profit now and then if it give u beautiful profit  so when opportunity come you have more bullet to shoot it down.
good luck.
and today i bought some foreland.see how it go, if it stagnant here again i will cut and move on. Wish all luck , hope rally till end of 2011 for everyone to bailout of this mkt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #7465 by Joes
Replied by Joes on topic Dow & Euro up 2%!!!
Mini miracles seem to happen every so often now - the European Central Bank did something very unexpected -- it cut interest rates.

Then Greece signaled it won’t hold a referendum on a bailout package.

The shortists got killed. The Dow shot up ....the European indices shot up ..... about 2%.

What surprises will turn up next?

More
12 years 8 months ago #7480 by pine
Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou survived a confidence vote in parliament after pledging to form a new coalition government aimed at winning broader public support for a bailout package for the debt-strapped country, according to reports late Friday.
Papandreou used the vote, held early Saturday in Athens, to call for general elections as early as February. The 59-year-old leader is not expected to head the new interim government, which reports have said could be led by Greek Finance Minister Evangelos Venizelos.

More
12 years 7 months ago #7782 by Val
Replied by Val on topic Dow up 300 points!
Surprise! The US economy is actually surprising everyone with its strength.
The Dow is now up 300 points!
Europe is fine too, as the yields on Spanish bonds fell sharply......
What a wonderful Xmas gift .
[hr]
[Joes 04-11-2011]:

Mini miracles seem to happen every so often now - the European Central Bank did something very unexpected -- it cut interest rates.

Then Greece signaled it won’t hold a referendum on a bailout package.

The shortists got killed. The Dow shot up ....the European indices shot up ..... about 2%.

What surprises will turn up next?

More
12 years 7 months ago #7788 by relaxing
The Backroom Bazooka may be the turning point for the Eurozone bond yields ?
www.cnbc.com/id/45743867

More
12 years 7 months ago #7791 by pine
Relaxing, another good development:
Bloomberg --- The European Central Bank will lend euro-area banks a record amount for three years in its latest attempt to keep credit flowing to the economy during the sovereign debt crisis.
The Frankfurt-based ECB awarded 489 billion euros ($645 billion) in 1,134-day loans today, the most ever in a single operation and more than economists’ median estimate of 293 billion euros in a Bloomberg News survey. The ECB said 523 banks asked for the funds, which will be lent at the average of its benchmark interest rate -- currently 1 percent -- over the period of the loans. They start tomorrow.
“It was obviously an offer the banks could not refuse,” said Laurent Fransolet , head of fixed-income strategy at Barclays Capital in London. “It shows the ECB is not out of ammunition and it gives banks security on liquidity for a few years. On the other hand it means banks will rely on the ECB for longer.”

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds