How you see the market ?

More
12 years 9 months ago #7181 by Val
Cheongwee: Ur timing is good. Nikkei up 2.8% today, HK 4.15%, South Korea 5%, Singapore .....2.6%

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #7184 by greenrookie
My broker and an analyst from Philip. Actually ask their clients to short the markets. As in my previous posts, I believe that STI should bottom around 2600, since I actually went against his advice to use my CFD to short several counters but instead went in to buy more shares when STI was around 2650 Hope i am right, and they are wrong.
Thurs, Germany parliament will ratify the greece rescue package, and sometime this week, they will confirm if Greece is doing enough to deserve the next payment. Republicans seems to have soften their stance a bit, better chances for Obama job plan, although I think it's will still not pass the republicians without some modification as they will rather sink with Obama and everyone then Igive him credit and make things difficult for their own presidential campaign.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by greenrookie.

• cheongwee.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 9 months ago #7185 by cheongwee.
Replied by cheongwee. on topic Re:How you see the market ?
Rally is sustainable only if S&P manage to stay above 1220 for a week.
I can see the horn of the bull already, Hope we see it head soon.
Hope S&P stay and break 1220 and stay there to confirmn the beginniing of this rally.
Hope europe don't disappoint.

More
12 years 9 months ago #7189 by MacGyver
Dear Forummers,
This period of volatility is even more worse than the 2008 Lehman crisis.
Back then, we see a banking system in troubles. This time round, it is the nations that are fighting a financial crisis. Pretty much like 1997 Asian Crisis.
Back then, it is a clean wash-down. Today, the high volatlity means that some funds / investors are going for dollar averaging. That is going to wipe out more investors.  I have never been a believer of dollar averaging. It is a theory that makes little sense in the real world
I don't have a crystal ball and I don't know what is going to happen in the near term. Hence, I have decided to stay out of the market for the next 3 months and evaluate the situation then.
Having said that, it does not mean that I have sold my portfolio and waiting by the side.
I have indeed cleaned up my portfolio to keep only the winners. The losers are out of the portfolio. Currently, I am keeping quite a big portion of cash and evaluating the stock ideas in front of me.
I would be going to Tokyo for a holiday shortly and to see the effects of post-tsunami Japan. Life is more than just making some money. It is an enriching process.
I shall be back when Techcomp is due for a dual listing in Hong Kong. If I remember correct, it should be within the next 1-2 months.
Till the day comes, sayonara.

More
12 years 9 months ago #7190 by MacGyver
I was having lunch with a SMU professer last week and we chit chat about the US debt problems.
He made a remark which was very enriching --- "Bloody Americans... If you look at the net cash of the Fortune 500 companies, you will be amazed. If Obama can make the US listed corporates to use 10% of their net cash to buy 30-years US treasury bills, then the debt problems of US will be solved within 24 hours."
It is that simple.
But of course, US and its democracy status meant that the rest of the world has to suffer with them. Obama, the US President is too weak to order the US corporates to do such things. Instead, the US corporates are the ones feeding the Obama administration, paying for their salaries and insurance claims.
Sad but true.
The world is in a new playground. One that is controlled by big corporates and bankers.

• cheongwee.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 9 months ago #7191 by cheongwee.
Replied by cheongwee. on topic Re:How you see the market ?
The time frame serparating each major event is getting narrower
  • 2001 technology bubble beating
  • 2006 real estate collapse
  • 2008 – 2009 financial crisis and recession
  • 2010 “flash crash” and soft patch
  • 2011 debt ceiling debacle and credit rating downgrade
  • 2012?????????........Too big to save???
your guess??? but 2012 will be an evenful year for sure.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds