How you see the market ?

More
12 years 10 months ago #6983 by Rich
Replied by Rich on topic Re:How you see the market ?
Bernanke Doesn’t Signal More Stimulus
“Although important problems certainly exist, the growth fundamentals of the United States do not appear to have been permanently altered by the shocks of the past four years,” Bernanke said in prepared comments at the mountainside symposium hosted by the Kansas City Fed. “It may take some time, but we can reasonably expect to see a return to growth rates and employment levels consistent with those underlying fundamentals.”

*** Dow is a little positive, despite no QE3. The market didn't seriously expect QE3 in the first place, just some playful journalistic reports.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #6996 by Rich
Replied by Rich on topic Re:How you see the market ?
The market is totally - almost - unpredictable, hor? Now all the Asian stock markets are up.

Those who sold heavily last week and the week before  could be experiencing major regret.

However, the economic outlook still isn't strong . Will the future continue to be up & down ?

More
12 years 9 months ago #7169 by Val
Replied by Val on topic Re:How you see the market ?
(From THE WALL STREET JOURNAL)
   By Bob Davis

WASHINGTON -- China to Europe: Don't expect a bailout from us. That was the message delivered by a number of Chinese officials during meetings at the International Monetary Fund, where China was widely seen as an answer to the euro zone's problems, either as a purchaser of European debt or as a country that could further goose its economic growth rate.

"We can't just go save someone," said Gao Xiqing, president of China Investment Corp., China's huge sovereign wealth fund. "We're not saviors. We have to save ourselves," he said at a weekend panel discussion

If Europe decided to issue euro-zone bonds -- debt guaranteed by all euro-zone members -- CIC would consider becoming a purchaser, he said afterwards. "If it has a risk profile that fits into our allocation, we'll buy some," Mr. Gao said. "But don't expect us to buy more than our risk appetite would take."

That appeared to rule out CIC buying debt from Italy, Greece and other troubled euro-zone nations that are having the toughest time finding buyers.

Chinese central banker Zhou Xiaochuan was just as adamant that China shouldn't be expected to boost its growth rate in an unsustainable fashion to help out the global economy.

Currently China is growing at roughly a 9% annual pace. He said that growth of somewhere between 8% and 10% was a "reasonable expectation."

"Some people may have an irrational hope that the higher the growth, the better," he said at a Saturday news conference. But growth rates of 15% or higher -- "that's not realistic," he said.

During the 2008-2009 financial crisis, China boosted spending by near 11 trillion yuan (about $1.7 trillion in today's dollars), which helped keep its growth above 9%, and powered the purchase of imports, particularly commodities. But another big stimulus plan is unlikely. That's because China sees inflation as a bigger threat than inadequate growth, and also because China worries that a large percentage of the loans made during the stimulus surge may go bad.

Mr. Zhou, governor of the People's Bank of China, also gave no indication that the crisis would lead to a change in China's currency policy. Since it allowed the yuan to float somewhat in June 2010, the yuan has appreciated at a rate of about 5.5% a year against the dollar.

IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde urged China to let its currency strengthen more swiftly as a way to boost imports from the rest of the world. "A little bit of currency appreciation might help," she said.

At the very least, Mr. Zhou said, China wasn't likely to halt the rise of its currency as it did during the 2008 crisis, when it feared that a stronger yuan would further cut into exports.

More
12 years 9 months ago #7176 by Joes
Replied by Joes on topic Re:How you see the market ?
There is a lot of groupthink currently: for example, that Euro and US will be down for at least another 6-9 months, that Greek will default, that the market still has not reached the floor. Then the groupthink is that markets will rally when prices have found new lows..... Aaaargh. My experience is that markets are not such simple mechanisms to predict. Predicting a Greek default seems logical -- but at the same time, there are efforts in action now that are designed to pre-empt that. A rally when it comes will surprise. We don't know when.

• cheongwee.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 9 months ago #7179 by cheongwee.
Replied by cheongwee. on topic Re:How you see the market ?
If base on all data i have collect to arrived at a conclusion, i think there will be one more rally,the most.
And the hell of a good time to buy like March 09 will be sometimes in beginning 2013.
My prediction only...disclaimer..
There are not basic for me to say this, if you ask for prove...too troublesome to explain, very long tales.
But i see sti 3300 and dow 13200 end of this yr. if only German back up whatever come out of the 17 state meet held now.
If not, all hell will be loose.
As such, i am out half , and the most buy high and sell higher, if Europe surivive this round, and mkt rally.
This is the best outcome i hope to see.
But i think recession is a sure thing in 2012.
As such, Itally and Spain will feel the pain next in 2012, and there will be too big to save.
I wish all safe and happy.

• cheongwee.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 9 months ago #7180 by cheongwee.
Replied by cheongwee. on topic Re:Re:How you see the market ?
The result of the 17 euro states meet will be out around 15/10
pls take note. important date.
either do or dies.
[hr]
[cheongwee 27-09-2011]:

If base on all data i have collect to arrived at a conclusion, i think there will be one more rally,the most.
And the hell of a good time to buy like March 09 will be sometimes in beginning 2013.
My prediction only...disclaimer..
There are not basic for me to say this, if you ask for prove...too troublesome to explain, very long tales.
But i see sti 3300 and dow 13200 end of this yr. if only German back up whatever come out of the 17 state meet held now.
If not, all hell will be loose.
As such, i am out half , and the most buy high and sell higher, if Europe surivive this round, and mkt rally.
This is the best outcome i hope to see.
But i think recession is a sure thing in 2012.
As such, Itally and Spain will feel the pain next in 2012, and there will be too big to save.
I wish all safe and happy.

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds