Why I am buying shares now ?

More
12 years 8 months ago #7584 by greenrookie
I have thrown in the towel with fuxing, with heavy losses. 1) outlook is bleak and management agree export market will be affect by euro crisis. Managments usually tend to be overly bullish in outlook, and when they are bearish, I sit up. 2) cash flow crunch, what really is the ultimate trigger is the acquisition of HQ building. I seriously cannot understand why they need to do that. I attend the 1H results briefing and quiz the CFO how can they be so sure that the positive spill over effects from having an HQ in Xiamen is worth all the cost? As pointed out by another investor, if fuxing can't keep up with strong profits, they might face a cash crunch moving forward. The CFO replied that they just bought 3 profits generating companies and thet the CEO is bullish about the property market in Xiamen. I dun buy that argument. Now that the immediate outlook is lower profits, or worse flat profits or losses, fuxing might have to rely on borrowing or raise Funds from the market to pay for the building. Even if the building increases in value over time, assets value might improve but it has no impact on earnings and the CFO says the company has no intention to go into property development. Remember fuxing buy in bulk the raw materials to lock in better prices, they would not be able to do it this time round without raising additional funds. The CFO mention that they can choose not to buy in bulk, which to me is an answer akin to slapping themselves in the face. I might be exiting many stocks at their near bottom and miss their turnarounds, but I stick to my reasons to buy, and when things change, I cut no matter how painful it might be. I wish other investors have better luck with fuxing and investing.(admin, help with formatting with ya.;)thanks)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #7714 by newbiestock
i would avoid all export and labour-intensive manufacturing companies in China. I don't think China can forever rely on low cost manufacturing. But i am optimistic abt china companies that have a focus on domestic consumption, branding and are not labour intensive.

[hr]
[greenrookie 16-11-2011]:
I have thrown in the towel with fuxing, with heavy losses. 1) outlook is bleak and management agree export market will be affect by euro crisis. Managments usually tend to be overly bullish in outlook, and when they are bearish, I sit up. 2) cash flow crunch, what really is the ultimate trigger is the acquisition of HQ building. I seriously cannot understand why they need to do that. I attend the 1H results briefing and quiz the CFO how can they be so sure that the positive spill over effects from having an HQ in Xiamen is worth all the cost? As pointed out by another investor, if fuxing can't keep up with strong profits, they might face a cash crunch moving forward. The CFO replied that they just bought 3 profits generating companies and thet the CEO is bullish about the property market in Xiamen. I dun buy that argument. Now that the immediate outlook is lower profits, or worse flat profits or losses, fuxing might have to rely on borrowing or raise Funds from the market to pay for the building. Even if the building increases in value over time, assets value might improve but it has no impact on earnings and the CFO says the company has no intention to go into property development. Remember fuxing buy in bulk the raw materials to lock in better prices, they would not be able to do it this time round without raising additional funds. The CFO mention that they can choose not to buy in bulk, which to me is an answer akin to slapping themselves in the face. I might be exiting many stocks at their near bottom and miss their turnarounds, but I stick to my reasons to buy, and when things change, I cut no matter how painful it might be. I wish other investors have better luck with fuxing and investing.(admin, help with formatting with ya.;)thanks)

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #7955 by Val
Those who bought 6 months ago have lost $. Markets can be cruel. Today, today -- how? Can buy and make money in a few months?
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Val.

• Not sure
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 3 weeks ago #9668 by Not sure
Replied by Not sure on topic Re:Why I am buying shares now ?
Anyone buying S-chips?

• Big Fish
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 6 months ago #12666 by Big Fish
Replied by Big Fish on topic Re:Why I am buying shares now ?
Not all businesses are equal. Some just are weak and have too many competitors. A rare few are strong and have a big moat around them. I have posted before my pick: Its name starts with S.

Its stock is currently trading at 25.5 cents. Worth 40 cents in my view

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds