Groupon: $20 for $40 voucher for G2000

More
12 years 7 months ago #7724 by Joes
Good that you had a positive experience at Sakhon Thai. I didn't have one at Sawadee in Sembawang. U know how much they charged for fried pomfret with mango sauce? $32. That's beyond my expectations. Small fish, the sauce was nothing great. They had to make some $ somehow. The Groupon was $10 for a $23 voucher. Like that, of course it's hard to make money but.... it was supposed to be market ting to make the restaurant better known.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #7800 by Val
Replied by Val on topic Re:Groupon: Half crab
Someone said he went to a restaurant offering a big deal on crab. Offered 50% off 900 g of crab. Turns out their crab was pretty small for 900 g! Customer was underwhelmed and no way did he become converted into a customer for life.

That's the problem with merchants like that -- they start out seeing the Groupon channel as a fantastic way to boost customer attendance and, more importantly, as a marketing / advertising strategy. So this is  a marketing cost. But when customers come in, they think differently -- oh, i am going to lose money on every customer, so i have to cut corners. Give them less, use talk to make them order more, etc.

More
12 years 6 months ago #7804 by yeng
Replied by yeng on topic $5 free at IKEA
Went to IKEA at Tampines. Pleasantly surprised when given a stamp on my receipt when paying for my meals at the restaurant. $5 discount for any products at their store.

Get a $5 discount when you spend $20 at the restaurant until Dec 31.
That's a good yield!  Bought some small items and practically got a nice flower pot for free with the voucher

More
12 years 6 months ago #7861 by Rich
Replied by Rich on topic Groupon: 3 cheers!
Three cheers to Groupon for this email which I received!

We regret to inform you our partner, Everest Kitchen has ceased operations due to circumstances, that were unforeseen even by our crystal ball.
Your Everest Kitchen Groupon is now invalid. No worries! Your unredeemed Groupons have already been refunded back to your original payment method. Please allow up to 5 working days for the refund to process.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Sincerely,
Groupon Customer Loyalty Team

More
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds