Groupon: $20 for $40 voucher for G2000

More
12 years 11 months ago #6913 by niadmin
From $34.50 for Box of 4 Baked Mooncakes by Mandarin Orchard Singapore (Worth up to $228). Choose from 5 Varieties and Mandarin Premium Jewel Box Collection.
Check out the deals at: www.groupon.sg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #7071 by niadmin
$7.50 for Half Chicken at The Yang's Traditional Hainanese Chicken Rice (Worth $15)

Buy it at www.groupon.sg
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by niadmin.

More
12 years 9 months ago #7370 by yeng
Be wary of those cheap cheap deals for travel to China, especially. Commonsense tells you, the travel agency cannot make a single cent from those deals. In the end it's the consumer who has to fork out $ for 'extras' in China, etc when the tour guide there makes them pay and pay --- for better food, for admission charges to visit places, etc. Lots of horror stories.

The good deals are those that are for restaurant meals, and gadgets, sold in Singapore.Anything in Singapore where the law is king and where any bad experience will become a reason to complain to the authorities.....

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #7596 by niadmin
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by niadmin.

More
12 years 7 months ago #7649 by yeng
Some of the deals are fantastic, a few are not so, in my experience. I went to House of Seafood restaurant - the waitress said my orders didnt come up to the $50 voucher value under Deal.com.sg, so why not add another dish? When the bill came, it was $65, cos the waitress had earlier not estimated GST charge and they gave us a Medium dish instead of Small. Sigh.

At one car servicng company in Kim Chuan area, the supervisor said the aircon filter and air filter were too dirty, suggested a change that would cost about $80 total. Showed me the filters. Actually, later on I checked website of my regular servicing company -- these filters can be cleaned, don't hv to replace. Sigh.

Moral of story: These companies have to make some $, or at least not lose so much on the deals, so customers end up being persuaded to buy/spend more.

More
12 years 7 months ago #7652 by Val
Replied by Val on topic Re:Groupon: Sakhon Thai
Had a good experience with Sakhon Thai in Jalan Wangi, MacPherson area. The 50% discount using Groupon was genuine, the food was ok..... no one tried to persuade us to order more than we wanted. I hope the restaurant gets good mileage out of the deals, cos they didn't make a profit out of us. At 50% discount, profit would be zilch! I hear Groupon takes a big cut out of of what we pay for the discounted vouchers. 

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds