Qingmei

More
11 years 11 months ago #9215 by gangho
Replied by gangho on topic Re:Re:Re:Qingmei
price likely to edge up over next 2 months, waiting for final qtr report. Since it has accumulated net profit of more than 5cts for last 3 qtrs, shareholders shd ask for at least 2cts, based on 40% payout.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #9216 by peterlynch
Replied by peterlynch on topic Re:Re:Re:Re:Qingmei
by the way, the conference call report was not written by me, but by Mystique from Valuebuddies. i just copy and paste last night in a hurry, without citing source. sorry.

More
11 years 11 months ago #9236 by gangho
Replied by gangho on topic Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Qingmei
near div collection period. 2 - 2.5cts possible. first s-chip to rebounce, i think!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #9762 by Guest
Replied by Guest on topic Re:Re:Qingmei
<spam posted from IP address 86.188.160.180 has been deleted >
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by niadmin.

More
11 years 8 months ago #10590 by greenrookie
Qingmei just announced its full year results, with no dividends declared. While no one expect Qingmei to turn in a profits in Q4, the fact that no dividends is declared will definetly cast more aspersions on this stock. I used to be a advert fan of this counter. Looking backwards, its fate is no less than drama than a TV series, In feb 2011, less than 2 years ago, QIngmei is worth more than 30 cents and everyone is screaming buy. What has happened?

Red flags flashing all over the place
1) CEO and founder start the ball rolling when he placed out his shares at a hugh discount (9%) from market price.  

2) Then CFO resigned in december.

3) CEO make a u-turn about opting for scrip dividend to combination of cash and scrip.

4) Hunter fund start to offload their shares.

5) Independent director from audit committee resigns. (While the reason given seems valid, why the late announcement that resignation is with immediate effect, shouldn't company know about his promotion in the civil government earlier?)

6) No dividends payout despite profitability and strong cash flow from operations.

Noted that I write this to reflect and highlight red flags. This is no to say that there this company has fraud issues or that you cannot profit from this counter. At the end of the day, if you are a infalliable trader like some forummer is, you can make money from any counter as long as the momemtum is at your side. Also, there can be valid reasons for the occurence of the red flags listed above. This is also not to say that this counter does not have good valuation or good risk/reward profile for some investors too. 

I have to give credits to the company resilent earnings as compared to his competitors/ peers(due to its economic of scale and supposedly niche design that allow better margin), and I believe his misfortune has very much to do with the macro-operating environment that is very much beyond its control.

But with so much doubts about the management, operating environment, I have to kiss goodbye to trackking this counter. 

• Ching
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 8 months ago #10595 by Ching
Replied by Ching on topic Re:Qingmei
I agree with greenrookie.

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds