2nd Liner Prop Stocks

More
11 years 11 months ago #9237 by Dongdaemun
Replied by Dongdaemun on topic Re:2nd Liner Prop Stocks
Property stocks in Singapore look cool from afar.

It's a good article by MarketWatch.com>
Analysts warm to Singapore property stocks
A relatively healthy economic outlook coupled with land shortages underpins Aberdeen’s Singapore property-stock outlook. The fund likes firms with solid land assets, and holds heavyweight City Developments Ltd. SG:C09 -0.20%   CDEVY +1.02% , as well as smaller names Bukit Sembawang Estates Ltd. SG:B61 -0.45%  , and Wheelock Properties Singapore Ltd. SG:M35 -0.30%   WKSGY 0.00%

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #9239 by Val
Replied by Val on topic Re:2nd Liner Prop Stocks
The great Warren Buffett has wisdom to share on home ownership >>

"Our country's social goal should not be to put families into the house of their dreams, but rather to put them into a house they can afford," says investor Warren Buffett, the third-richest man in the U.S., who still happens to reside in the 6,000-square-foot stucco house he bought in 1958 for $31,500.

"Home ownership makes sense for most Americans, particularly at today's lower prices and bargain interest rates,"; he wrote in a Feb 26 '11 released letter he wrote to shareholders. But, "[a] house can be a nightmare if the buyer's eyes are bigger than his wallet and if a lender – often protected by a government guarantee – facilitates his fantasy."

More
11 years 11 months ago #9278 by pine
Replied by pine on topic Re:2nd Liner Prop Stocks
Singapore should curb the increasing trend of so-called shoebox apartments because they are “almost inhuman,” CapitaLand Ltd. (CAPL) Chief Executive Officer Liew Mun Leong said.
“I am dead against shoebox developments,” Liew said in an interview at the downtown Singapore headquarters of Southeast Asia ’s biggest developer. “The government should intervene. Singapore’s land is very precious and you are wasting your scarce resources” by building shoebox apartments.
“It’s almost inhuman, it’s not good for the welfare of the family to feel that constrained,” said Liew, 65, who grew up in a one-bedroom apartment with nine people and often slept along the corridor.

CapitaLand is lobbying against the shoebox units, said Liew, citing a recent visit to a 400-square-foot unit in Hong Kong .
“I used to joke that when I sat on the sofa, I don’t need the remote control to switch on the TV, I use my toes,” he said. “If you build 200 square feet, 300 square feet for a family of two or three, you might as well stay in a box. There needs to be some degree of comfort level.”

My take: Liew is advocating the “Big Brother knows best “ principle. In this day and age, it should be left to the people to decide  – but you must give them the info to decide for themselves.

The Internet is a powerful platform to enlighten consumers. U must leave it to the market to decide. Liew is arguing that many users of shoebox units are families.
 He is wrong. It’s a lot of singles.

More
11 years 11 months ago #9289 by Dongdaemun
Replied by Dongdaemun on topic Re:HIAP HOE
1. Liew Mun Leong --- easy to say, but the approach is wrong.

2. Hiap Hoe -- 51 cents establishing a support there. When will catalyst break out? I suppose stock is worth at least 80 cents, which is a 30% discount to RNAV.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #9300 by Val
Replied by Val on topic Re:2nd Liner Prop Stocks
The management of HIAP HOE is not actively promoting their stock's strong fundamentals. If only they surface and show the support for minority shareholders.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Val.

More
11 years 11 months ago #9306 by relaxing
Replied by relaxing on topic Re:2nd Liner Prop Stocks
Abb - Mr Liew is CEO of a great co. and good that he gave his views on shoebox apartments. I don’t think govt should intervene by legislation but instead use the mass media to educate investors. Hope no hard landing as it’d hit the stock market badly. Imagine paying $1,700 psf for 99 yr leasehold Sky Habitat, Bishan?
Spore is unique as abt 85% live in HDB. So why are some so obsessed with the 5 C’s ? I like an article re 3 F’s in Oz papers. They are Footy , Fashion and Food . Think of Aussie rules football ( Footy ) when you wake up, then think of what team jerseys to wear ( Fashion ), then think of stocking chips/ pizzas ( Food ) for yr friends when they come over to watch the game on TV. Hmmm … I’d like to add another 3 F’s – Forsters ( famous Oz beer ) , Family and Friends. No worries mate.

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds