Forum seems so quiet...maybe it is a good sign

More
14 years 3 months ago #2633 by musicwhiz
happin wrote:

Whoever Gary Teh is, he chose a very apt title for this thread: Forum seems so quiet... With stocks having corrected a signficant amt, the forum has quietened down. My thinking is that, the quieter the bigger the opportunity the market presents! Who is with me?????

The answer is Yes, provided you know what to buy, and have a sufficiently long-term view on the business.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #2638 by at301273
Yesterday was another slump on the Wall Street, despite strong results and positive economic indicators coming out of US. Scary as it may seems. But it also brought back memories of march 2009 slump, which later developed into a strong rally lasting for months where many stayed on the sidelines and missing out on the best part of the rally. Could this be a bear trap or another rally in prospect? Any advice, anyone? Is it the case of what Warren Buffett said, \"Be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful.\":S
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by at301273.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2639 by winstorn
Yes the market is behaving on \' sell on news and buy on rumuors\'. The Dow Jones had yet to find its bottom yet ie either the 10000 level or in the worst scenerio 9700 level. Maybe by next wed 3th Feb when Dow hits 10000 and then rebound upwards for continuously 2 solid days, then the correction is over. Same for Singapore market. If you want to buy. Buy on dips and sell on rally for next week. But once SSE, HSI and Dow Jones are positively continously for 2 days after 3rd Feb 10, I can safely say to start buying goods stocks to ride till at least CNY period. This time, the run up will be fast as CNY is only 2 weeks away. I have just attended DBS market outlook for 2010 and have similar view like me to buy Swiber and Midas. Other stocks that they recommend for longer term are : Bukit Semawang, SMRT, Allgreen, SATS,CDL HT, China Animal,etc, etc. Please check with your brokers for more professional advise if you intend to buy more lots to keep.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2643 by Pharoah88
Americans are CONFUSED now! US GDP 4Q UP 5.7% and just want to Worry about UNemployment which is a lag indicator. UNemployment may NOT even improve over the whole of 2010....

• neontet
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 3 months ago #2675 by neontet
Please...God, just one more bubble! Please......:laugh: :laugh:

More
14 years 3 months ago #2676 by Pharoah88
BUBBLE is BUBBLING...~~~~*

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds