Forum seems so quiet...maybe it is a good sign

More
14 years 11 months ago #1603 by sean.ng
personally, do you trust the brokers\' analysis & recommendations? Would their reports be mostly accurate or they might not know something which the management would have known? What if we had already fully invested at this point of time when companies are engaging in fund raising activities? Would that imply that these companies have met with difficulties in their working capital expenditures? What are the chances that these highly-geared companies can make it back again to the top? At this point of time, should we be quick to cut our losses by selling on grounds that analysts are making a sell call? Or should we hold till the company\'s next few quarters of financial results are out to assess their business viability, by which time prices would have been hammered?Or to wait and see if the company is able to secure new business opportunities, assuming they have extra cash after raising funds?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #1626 by musicwhiz
I don\'t trust analysts recommendations. In fact, sometimes they even get their facts wrong (boo-boo). Of course, there are some merits to reading their reports and updates as sometimes Management communicates directly to them instead of to retail investors, so it\'s a channel to explore. I sometimes get the latest updates on say Ezra or Swiber through some analyst reports since I only get to meet the BOD once a year during the AGM. And no, I don\'t base my buy/sell decisions on analysts\' buy/sell calls. If I were to do that, I would have lost a ton of money as I note that most of the time they encourage you to buy at high prices and sell at low prices. A case in point which I recall vividly is CIMB calling a BUY for Swiber when it hit $3.00, stating TP of $5.00. During the recent bear market, the recommendation was a sell when Swiber was trading at 40+ cents, with TP of 20+ cents. On hindsight, it would appear ridiculous right ? We have to invest based on our faith in the Management and the business model, as there is no way we can predict the future. To be an investor, we have to be a believer in a better tomorrow !

More
14 years 11 months ago #1627 by sean.ng
okay, then we shall wait for a better tomorrow, in the hope that the Management knows what they are doing and for the best interest of the Company. What you are saying reiterates a quote that goes like \"Do the opposite of what analysts tell you and you will be a successful investor\"! So we buy when analysts are making a sell call & sell when they are telling us to buy in the future? I am wondering, so am i making the right move and right time to be holding a long term purchase. So the best move shall be to monitor when the analysts are telling us to buy and we should wait for a while longer then sell and that should be the right time. :cheer:

More
14 years 11 months ago #1628 by sean.ng
by the way, what is your intrinsic value for Swiber & Ezra? Any stocks which in your opinion has a long term moat & prospect worth an invest now?

More
14 years 3 months ago #2552 by Pharoah88
There was NO RECESSION in 2009:P Last Saturday: 23JAN2010 at SAXO Annual Review in the Capital Tower STI Auditorium. Analyst named Keppel Land his DARLING for 2010 RECOVERY:kiss: PS: Those WHO SOLD in MAY 2009 and WENT AWAY was a GRAVE MISTAKE in TRADING HISTORY:angry: CanNOT remmember WHO was that ADVISOR on this DAMAGING advice:silly:

More
14 years 3 months ago #2622 by Joes
Whoever Gary Teh is, he chose a very apt title for this thread: Forum seems so quiet... With stocks having corrected a signficant amt, the forum has quietened down. My thinking is that, the quieter the bigger the opportunity the market presents! Who is with me?????

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds