Forum seems so quiet...maybe it is a good sign

More
14 years 11 months ago #1573 by peter lee
by the way, STI has crossed 2300 points. what is the next step? ;) ;) ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #1576 by sean.ng
The STI is testing the 2,300 mark but overall stocks are not rising or falling much now. If we take musicwhiz\'s words for it, that valuations are slowly returning back (quote \"something which is bound to happen\"), then i think it may be worth a bet, provided that nothing serious is going to happen in the coming months, hopefully we are really in recovery mood, then the STI may never look back again. If that happens so, then those who are sitting on the sidelines hoping for the opportunity to buy back low into the market again will miss the action and on hindsight see the bull charged by. Looking at the STI chart from the time it start to drop till current, it is a low probability of the formation of a dip to a new low again(below 1,400). If that happens we will be seeing a very high \'mountain\' which i dont think that ever happens before in history? (Please correct me if i am wrong) So, even if we buy in now, i guess we will not be sitting on heavy losses if STI drops again? However, the chart certainly looks like an uptrend onwards and anytime there may be sharp & sudden rallies again (the further phases of a bull run?). Weighing the risks involved, i think that even if we buy in now and STI drops further, we still do not need to worry in the long run, as long as we hold on to the stocks till we see a brighter sky.

More
14 years 11 months ago #1578 by musicwhiz
All I can conclude is that these days, valuations are getting more and more UNattractive for long-term purchase; thus one must be extra selective when it comes to purchasing good companies. That\'s not to say good valuations are not out there, but it\'s just not so blatantly obvious that there are no-brainer gems to pick up, as compared to March 2009. WHat a difference 2 months makes ! Alternatively, one can choose to stay and wait; but this is also risky as it is an opportunity cost. Best to just do your own research and purchase when you feel comfortable. Just my thoughts....

More
14 years 11 months ago #1580 by Mel
a stock with deep value may be Oceanus. i wonder what u all think abt it.

More
14 years 11 months ago #1598 by sean.ng
my instinct abt Oceanus is that it may just be a temporary hot pick. hmm, how many would be eating abalones now? and they seems to be expanding their operations at a time when economy is at its worst? Is that a wise choice? I have a question, will it be better for a Company to secure bank loans for its fund-raising needs rather than by way of a share placement?

More
14 years 11 months ago #1599 by musicwhiz
Assess corporate prospects and fundamentals, and do a simple valuation analysis. If valuations look good, take a chance to buy on dips. There is a chance that valuations will dip to March 2009 lows, though I feel it is highly unlikely. Still, it pays to be patient. When there is nothing to do, do nothing.

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds