sino grandness - undervalued stock

• Ethan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 7 months ago #12454 by Ethan
Breno,
There's no such thing as a risk free investment but I've studied the numbers and they make sense to me. 
More importantly they make sense to Goldman Sachs too, which is now represented on the board of Sino Grandness.
The chairman owns almost half the shares in the company. Also note that in its IPO in November 2009, it IPOed at 29 cents (significantly below current share price) and raised only $16.9 million, which is even less than its net profit in last quarter alone.
Instead of cashing out of the IPO, chairman Huang Yupeng has actually repeatedly purchased more Sino Grandness shares at between 48.5 cents to 50 cents, significantly higher than IPO price, showing you that he wasn't just using the IPO to cash out, unlike some other companies out there. 
Again, no such thing as a risk free investment. You got to take your bets. I've taken mine. But be nimble and quick to react if things don't go according to plan. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ethan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 6 months ago #12748 by Ethan
Just broke out again, the sky's the limit for Sino Grandness...

• Daisy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 6 months ago #12749 by Daisy
Kudos Ethan! Your stock pick has done amazingly. Now let's see how the other one, Minzhong fares/

• Ethan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 6 months ago #12750 by Ethan
Well I'm up over 50% on Sino Grandness, and about 33% on China Minzhong - all this while the Shanghai Composite is still at depressed valuations.
Another big positive, however, is that the Shanghai Composite has looked like it's been regaining signs of life in recent weeks, while the local s-chip index (FT ST China Index) has crept up from below 220 to 237. This index would be trading at 300+ to 400+ during less bearish times - in fact during the last Chinese bull market I believe this index reached as high as 600-700. 
So if this is a recovery (hopefully) in Chinese stocks, it's only just the beginning. 

• Duke
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 6 months ago #12762 by Duke

My gf got worried when she received CDP mail saying her Sino Grandness shares have been loaned out under Securities Lending scheme. She got worrried cos this implies the borrower of the shares is shorting the stock. Like that how? When the loan was made, the stock price was in the 50s, now in the 60s, the borrower kena whacked big time. But what if .....?

Ethan, what do you think?

• Ethan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 6 months ago #12766 by Ethan
Bro chill man, there are longists and shortists for almost every stock out there just as there are buyers and sellers everyday. That's the market for you. One shortist means nothing amongst millions of buyers and sellers out there. 

Time to create page: 3.320 seconds