sino grandness - undervalued stock

More
9 years 6 months ago #20986 by Diversity
Ethan999

I agree with your point that if cashflow allows, CB redemption works in Sino's favour.

The redemption amount of around RMB 700m you calculated corresponds to Garden Fresh not having submitted A1 form.

The interest penalties for the 1st (RMB 100m principal amount)and 2nd tranche (RMB 270m principal amount) CBs are 25% and 20% respectively.

Submission of A1 will result in a lower interest penalty of 15% for both tranches. In which event, the repayment amount is around RMB 560m.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #21046 by Garak
Don't you shareholders scratch your head over the price downtrend? Even today when most stocks are rebounding, Sino Grandness cannot even help falling into the red (-1 cents --> 55 cents). There must be some big sellers out there.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #21051 by BNN
It's hard to fathom why the share price keeps weakening. The Thai investor -- a wily old fellow -- seems confident of Sino Grandness in this CNBC video interview:

xin.msn.com/en-sg/video/watch/pm-group-s...ness-deal/vp-BB9wrLF

PM Group: See potential in Sino Grandness deal
Prayudh Mahagitsiri, Chairman of PM Group, explains the firm's investment in Sino Grandness Food Industry Group. He also discusses Thailand's political situation.

The male interviewer doesn't know what he is talking about -- he asked Prayudh whether he would bring distribution network or quality control to Sino Grandness in order to help Sino "with issues it has had in the past". Sino has not had such issues. In fact, it has marvellously expanded its distribution network in China and it has not had any quality control issue (at least none that is publicly known, so what is this CNBC guy rambling about?).
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by BNN.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sykn

More
9 years 6 months ago #21055 by sykn
Thanks for sharing the link. Besides the interviewer, the PM guy was also not very convincing on why they bought into SGFI; he made some general statements but didn't really hit the sweet spot, if there ever was one.

More
9 years 6 months ago #21056 by kye_lin

More
9 years 6 months ago #21057 by sykn
I went to the link and read the report, but I am not convinced as it is overly negative, bordering on scare mongering, much like a short seller's report (I think it was Glaucus) on China Minzhong last year - that company has since been acquired by Indo Agri and is still operating and paying dividends! Nevertheless, thanks for the tip off.

Time to create page: 0.278 seconds