Money or yr life

• neontet
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 1 month ago #3910 by neontet
Money or yr life was created by neontet
SingHealth COO Dr Wong has died at the young age of 49 of a massive stroke. www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singapor...view/1059760/1/.html There was no elaboration on what led to the stroke and no news on his lifestyle/diet/other medical related problems, if any. I am not commenting on Dr Wong\'s case at all, but in general I feel we have to nurture our health while devoting our resources to doing well in our job, investing, etc. Lots of money but no time for family and no time for exercise and no time for one\'s hobbies/passions = stoopidity. This lesson dawns on some people only when they are on their deathbed (premature death). It\'s too late then. Just my 2cts. Would like to hear your views.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #3915 by MacGyver
Replied by MacGyver on topic Re:Money or yr life
Hi Neontet, Very true. Why do we work so hard? Cos we want to use the money to have a better comfortable life later in our life. If we work so hard, only to suffer major illness in our 40s or 50s, then we don\'t really have the time to enjoy our fruits of labour. Hence, I always said to my friends. Work hard, play harder. Unless you are an entreprenuer and you dream of building an empire for your next generation, then we should always cherish every moment that we have with our beloved ones. That\'s why i am in Paris now... slipping champagne while watching my fav player, Nadal sweat it out in the courts. At the same time, get to know the Europe condition a little better. Work hard, play harder.

• neontet
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 1 month ago #3918 by neontet
Replied by neontet on topic Re:Money or yr life
MacGyver, people should avoid becoming the youngest & the richest men in the cemetery! btw, since you are in Paris, I wish you a great holiday. U sip wine with a nice companion? Or alone?

More
13 years 2 months ago #5907 by pine
Replied by pine on topic Re:Money or yr life
I wonder how Americans can go about with so little financial security. ??? Singaporeans, if you have sufficient savings, you are blessed!

CNN Money reported that 43% of Americans have less than $10,000 in retirement savings, which is a statistic provided by the Employee Benefit Research Institute in their Retirement Confidence Survey ( 2010 results ).

If that figure isn’t scary enough, it appears that 27% of workers have less than $1,000.

Both figures are increases from 2009, when 39% had less than $10,000 and 20% had less than $1,000 a year ago.

More
12 years 9 months ago #7332 by pine
Replied by pine on topic Re:Money or yr life
When service sucks, you can be sure that sooner or later someone will spill the beans on the Internet.

In this case, there are lots of shit on the worst travel agents at: www.travelagents.com.sg/bad_travel_agencies.html

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds