Best World

More
7 years 9 months ago #23136 by Dongdaemun
Replied by Dongdaemun on topic Best World
good info frm Boon of Valuebuddies.com

Prolife Biobank (PB) is currently engaged in the business of marketing dental stem cell banking services to parents who intend to harvest the stem cells from their children’s milk teeth, offering various dental stem cell biobanking programmes, and arranging for the collection and processing of the shedded milk teeth for stem cells and the storage of such stem cells by third parties on an outsourced basis.

Biz model:
“marketing” and “arranging” => done by PB
“collection”, “processing” & “storage” => outsourced to third parties.

It is an asset-light business in selling “services” rather than selling “products”.

Running costs shouldn’t be high, I reckon

Marketing costs could be high, I would guess, especially in early stages – probably explains why it has yet to be profitable.

Could be very profitable if could reach a critical volume.

Synergies with BWI:
Have access to BWI’s customer base and distribution networks in 12 countries without incurring any marketing costs.

Could leverage on BWI’s support functions => cost saving.

BWI might have the ability and confidence in scaling up this business more quickly and at lower cost or minimal cost than PB doing it alone.

The business has been up and running for about 4 years now and it could potentially be a lucrative business once it is scaled up. The Management of BWI probably recognize this, otherwise they probably would not have invested

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #23137 by lotustpsll
Replied by lotustpsll on topic Best World
I do follow Boon's analysis at Valuebuddies. His views are incisive and well considered.
I agree that the latest business venture is synergistic and dove tail nicely into BW's personal healthcare business model.

The plate is quite full for BW for the next 6 months and the key to its further success will lie with its execution of its plans and strategies.

The management must remain focus and disciplined.

More
7 years 9 months ago #23145 by Bestworld
Replied by Bestworld on topic Best World
The plate is not full yet. With record profit this year, they have ample capacity and resources to seek expansion and drive growth. It is time to be more aggressive!

More
7 years 8 months ago #23152 by Bestworld
Q2 result coming soon... Hope BW declare bonus share and record dividend!!

More
7 years 8 months ago #23154 by lotustpsll
Replied by lotustpsll on topic Best World
To enhance liquidity of its shares and to attract institutional shareholders, I agree that a bonus issue should be declared in its impending 1H results.

Given that China is the 2nd largest MLM market globally and its rising growth of the consumer market, coupled with the sunrise sector of the personal beauty care/healthcare industry, BW is well positioned to ride on these secular trends in China. I am particularly excited about the dental stem cell business and this segment can scale up quite fast given its growing distribution channels.

BW must remain focused and disciplined to execute its strategies and plans well. Share price will take care of itself once the business growth strengthens. I am confident over Dora's business acumen and the future of BW..

More
7 years 8 months ago #23156 by Bestworld
The stem cell business is a bonus.....

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds