Severely Undervalued Stocks

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #25921 by Joom
Replied by Joom on topic Severely Undervalued Stocks
stockhead.com.au/resources/the-bonanza-o...unning-form-in-2022/

‘The bonanza of a lifetime’: Amid an existential crisis could coal repeat its stunning form in 2022?

“Coal prices have been stubbornly high, and they may stay so in the coming years due to the lack of investment in new capacity for environmental reasons.

“A similar trend may happen in Oil, as most majors are wary to commit the capital required to develop new fields given declining demand and decarbonisation trends.

“In both Coal and Oil, private equity firms are betting that the energy transition will take longer than expected and that demand will outpace a shrinking supply. The ensuing combination of high commodity prices and low acquisition costs for unwelcome assets may provide these firms the bonanza of a lifetime.”
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Joom.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #25932 by Joes
Replied by Joes on topic Severely Undervalued Stocks
SAMUDERA SHIPPING:
There is a big player selling Samudera. Everytime it hits around 56, the player will come in to block and try to push the share price down. He seems kinda convinced that Samudera is overvalued. He has been doing this a few times and for a few months already.

Looking at the shareholdings, I really doubt he has so many shares to sell for personally I have around 70 lots being borrowed.

My guess for samudera is that its PE is around 2, nta as for 2021 should be above 75 cents and dividend for 2021 should be around 5 to 8 cents...so I don't see any overvaluation.

Some container shippers are reporting very good January 2022 revenue with Evergreen's Jan 2022 EPS of NT$6 compared to 1st Quarter EPS of NT$7.

As for its parent company Samudera Indonesia, its share price was up by more than 20% in the past month. Bulk of its profit will come from Samudera Shipping.

I keep an open mind that I might be wrong and the seller is right. In investing, sometimes you need conviction in what you are doing.

Source:  www.valuebuddies.com/thread-5640-post-164668.html#pid164668

More
2 years 1 month ago #25940 by Joom
Replied by Joom on topic Severely Undervalued Stocks
Golden Energy didn't declare a dividend, then got sold down. But with coal prices running up, GEAR has re-rated. Another catalyst has been the exciting massive purchase by its subsidiary Stanmore of BHP Mitsui coking coal mine in Australia.

www.afr.com/street-talk/coal-price-puts-...deal-20220303-p5a1h7

"When Stanmore struck the deal to buy BHP Mitsui Coal assets in November, coal prices were around US$130 a tonne. Now they are hovering at around US$400/t."

More
More
1 year 11 months ago #25975 by Val
Replied by Val on topic Severely Undervalued Stocks
Jiutian Chemical just announced 1Q2022 net profit of RMB201 million!
= S$40 million.

Annualised, net profit = $160 million.

Market cap of Jiutian only S$187 million currently based on share price of 9.4 cents.

More
1 year 9 months ago #25989 by Val
Replied by Val on topic Severely Undervalued Stocks
A bunch of holders are smart enough to stay vested in Samudera Shipping listed in SG.

Its parent, Samudera Indonesia, has released its 5 months result : see link  www.idx.co.id/StaticData/NewsAnd...1bdcce.pdf

The profit is USD 94.8M. Since Samudera Shipping contributes 65% to Samudera Indonesia, a Valuebuddies forumer did backward engineering.

Result: Samudera Singapore's 5 months profit should be around USD 120M.

That means 5 months profit almost exceeded 2021FY profit.

Also, the CEO has revised the FY target to 1B USD as below link.

indoshippinggazette.com/2022/sam...-1-billon/

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds