Valuetronics - "Thoughts on the market".

More
9 years 6 months ago #21035 by zane
Still no sign of share buyback. Good thing is more analysts are coming out to pooh-pooh Maybank report & the share price fall has been arrested. I think Maybank report's quite alarmist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #21037 by lotustpsll
Bought back at 32 cents. Price fall due to Maybank report has triggered an attractive entry point.

More
9 years 6 months ago #21039 by sykn
I added some more at 30 cents yesterday; should not let all these scare mongering affect us if we've done proper due diligence and analysis.

More
9 years 5 months ago #21048 by lotustpsll
Based on 30% decline on EPS (severe case), Valuetronics will still record PE of 7.25 and adjusted PE (taking into account of cash holdings)3.08. In my view, still attractive entry point to accumulate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yeng

More
9 years 5 months ago #21053 by zane
Relief recovery -- 35 cents. I doubt it can regain heights of glory with this overhang news of Philip.
btw, Who is the Maybank analyst who triggered a selldown?

More
9 years 5 months ago #21054 by sykn
The name I got from the KE article is Truong Thanh Hang; KE may wish to be more careful about letting their analysts say what they like, as it affects their reputation in future. If we compare VHL with GIGL (vested in both), their share prices have been moving up and down neck-to-neck in the last month. So once the rumour has died on the KE report, I imagine that VHL price should at least go back up to around 38 cents, which is not unreasonable; certainly nowhere near the 25 cents in the doomsday report! As for share buyback, I have not checked but suspect that they don't have mandate to do so, because they have lots of cash to defend their share price if they wish to.

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds