Retiring at 35 with $1 m cash in hand

• cheongwee
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 1 month ago #9627 by cheongwee
Replied by cheongwee on topic Re:Retiring at 35 with $1 m cash in hand
If you are thinking of buying stock for dividend income, dont do it now, wait till 2013, or 2014, buy at mkt low. I believe we see one then.

For if you buy now at today price, you will be virtually paying yourself dividend, because the stock price have gone down by then 2013, and you are sitting on paper losses. Ask those who bought at 2007 high, they are still in the red till today., so what so good abput the dividend???

if you have bought at 2009 low, u would collected 20% didvdend and plus capital gain for reit and 10% dividend for blues.

wiat and be patient, mkt will present an opportunity in 2013.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Cheongwee is brilliant
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 1 month ago #9629 by Cheongwee is brilliant
Replied by Cheongwee is brilliant on topic Re:Retiring at 35 with $1 m cash in hand
Thanks Cheongwee once again for your brilliant 20/20 hindsight. :)
Very perfect timing you have, everytime you say market rally and get people to buy, you brilliantly sell just in time before a correction,Then after that you tell us you took profit, what a genius you are! ;) Hopefully others read your mind and took profit too, because waiting for hindsight would be too late wouldn't it ? :)
Thank you once again for filling this forum with the brilliance of your 20/20 hindsight, perfect hinsight, like perfect vision, is a talent you're simply born with, and like perfect vision, is something that money cannot buy, despite the millions I know you'e made from your gifted 20/20 hindsight ;) 

• Paulianna
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 1 month ago #9630 by Paulianna
Replied by Paulianna on topic Re:Retiring at 35 with $1 m cash in hand
I guess is everyone dream to retire early to say goodbye to our daily grind or other words by keeping heads above water in corporate world.
In reality it is hard to get the right pay job to match the mortgage when the housing prices seems to be soaring every day, and cost of living is on the rise too. But there's only one problem with this wishful thinking: Retiring early is easy, but making your money last is hard.
But don't get discouraged. If you're serious about retiring early and dedicated to making it work, you can make it happen. All it takes is some serious financial planning, a strict budget and some good old-fashioned luck.
Working for a corporate world has its beauty in having a deeper security financially and deeper safety net for health issues.
Not everyone has the privilege of retiring early.

• Observer88
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 1 month ago #9631 by Observer88
Replied by Observer88 on topic Re:Retiring at 35 with $1 m cash in hand
Janjansen elaborates:

Most of the 1mil was accumulated over three years when I worked as an investment banker, the bonuses was particularly generous in the good years and so was the retrenchment package during the financial crisis. However, I never fitted into the investment banking world. It is the norm for my colleagues to drive only continental cars, but I stuck with my Toyota. They dine in restaurants and have wine with every meal, I continued eating at food courts. The professional also have some of the most extravagant and greedy people who think they are god's gift to the world. It is just not for me.

Going forward, I can never accumulate wealth at that pace as I will not go back to that life. I saved aggressively for those three years just so I can get out. Today, I have a better work life, but it is still more of the same, albeit at a slower pace. I am still slogging away 5 days a week and enduring the daily commute and traffic jams. It is getting old.

More importantly, money is just a means to an end. It suffers more diminishing marginally utility like everything else. I believe that beyond what is necessary for a decent living, it will not make you a happier individual. It is a necessary condition for happiness, but not a sufficient one.

• Millionaire
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 1 month ago #9632 by Millionaire
Replied by Millionaire on topic Re:Retiring at 35 with $1 m cash in hand

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 1 month ago #9634 by Guest
How do i get out the Red?

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds