Foreland, still looking pretty

More
11 years 11 months ago #9145 by greenrookie
Relaxing,
If if falls the 8 cents, will u buy? i might.
While i have no ideas how the price might move, the report has several flaws.
No regards to how the processing/dyeing sector is doing in CHina. It is going through a downturn, look at chinafibretech, Fuxing aquired dyeing company, ziwo (also add special property to fabric) and other companies in the same sector. There are suffering heavy losses, the fact that fabrictech can still remain profitable points to its competitiveness.
Forward EPS of 4 cents, that means profits fall by half, that what i expect, now what happens after that, no one knows, but buying a competitive company during a downturn makes more sense than buying a hot company whose price is already priced in.
However, I agree with certain part of the report, I am also highly concerned about the new production facilities. The worst that can happen is capital write-off.
(I however, keep my fingers crossed, O might sell if the new production become a white elephant. But my pure speculation about the delay is due to
1) inefficient and red tape in china 
2) corruption issues

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #9154 by relaxing

Hi Greenrookie - If the price drops to 8 cts in large volumes today, I’d not buy as I don’t know who is selling? If days later I find the CEO was selling big chunks, I’d  sell everything even at high loss as the price will likely drop further later ( which I may even buy back if very cheap in future, as never say NEVER ) But if I know only the small investors are panic selling due to this joker’s report, I’d have no hesitation to average down again at 8 cts though it’s still a gamble. ( my average price is 9.5 cts )
I posted this analyst report as I find it very funny. If you are an analyst, will you ask your clients to  sell a stock with such good financials? Better not to cover this penny stock lah. This funny guy even projected the results to 2014 lol , which are still very good even compared to some good mid-caps. Don’t take anaylsts’ reports on face value as they can spin the results in diff ways . Other extreme is  “outperform” recommendation by joker analysts ( meaning buy quickly ). One analyst even called for a buy in a local health co. at PER abt 45 lol .
The Q1 report is very good Q to Q.  Both top and bottom line are up. You can’t compare 1Q to other Qs in China becoz of CNY factor. Sometimes I laugh when I watch Wall St gurus on live TV comparing 4Q to 1Q in China without factoring CNY. They are not stupid but do it deliberately to mislead. Or maybe they are just ignorant?  As for EPS, sure it’d drop slightly as share base has increased by abt 16 %. Even basing on 1Q annualized, the EPS is abt 4.5 cts.
As for new factory, may be red tape or undertable $$$ problem but who knows?  At this point, the   CEO has not sold his shares and even said that the 2Q results will be ok.  The co. has piles of cash and no borrowings and PER 2X.  That’s good enough for me. My views only.  
  info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttach...ease.pdf?openelement

More
11 years 10 months ago #9667 by sgmystique
Foreland touched a low of S$0.073 today. Anybody with any views on what might be happening out there...

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #9682 by sgmystique
The price touched S$0.071 today, again with fairly decent volume of over 1200 lots...still wondering about the reason for this sudden downturn in prices with relatively larger volumes...who is doing the selling is what matters...if it is small shareholders who have been spooked by this downturn i am not too worried, but if it is management selling on the side...that wud worry me a lot. Anyways we should have an announcement soon on whether Mr. Tsoi Kin Chit has again picked up his dividends (The final dividend of S$0.00297) in the form of scrip at a price of S$0.086. If he has done that it should really give a boost to the share price in times to come...
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sgmystique.

• Mysterius
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 10 months ago #9683 by Mysterius
Replied by Mysterius on topic Re:Foreland, still looking pretty
sgmystique: Just announced, the chairman took up 9,768,242 shares in lieu of cash dividend.
Do you know if that is 100% take-up rate by the chairman ? Or did he opt for part cash, part scrip?

• Forsaken
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 9 months ago #9793 by Forsaken
Replied by Forsaken on topic Re:Foreland, still looking pretty
Some shareholders have been offloading positions in the past 2 weeks, bringing the stock down to 7 cents only. Sad story, sob sob. I bought at above 10 cents because the FA is excellent, but realise soon that there are no big investors among the boutique funds. It will drift sideways until... one fine day some catalyst wakes it up of its slumber.

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds