• cheongwee
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 9 months ago #9797 by cheongwee
Replied by cheongwee on topic Re:Re:Foreland, still looking pretty
I believe this one will be in play, but u shd have cut, i m buying at 7,
[hr]
[Forsaken 04-07-2012]:

Some shareholders have been offloading positions in the past 2 weeks, bringing the stock down to 7 cents only. Sad story, sob sob. I bought at above 10 cents because the FA is excellent, but realise soon that there are no big investors among the boutique funds. It will drift sideways until... one fine day some catalyst wakes it up of its slumber.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• det
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 9 months ago #10001 by det
Replied by det on topic Re:Foreland, still looking pretty
Sorry to see the price going down. Cheongwee, how's yr cut loss strategy?  Or u think at 59 cts the mkt. cap of S$31 million too ridiculously cheap compared with .....

company's $54 million in cash, zero debt.

More
11 years 8 months ago #10277 by greenrookie
Pleasantly surprised to see foreland appear in Forbes Asia best 200 under a billion list.(aug issue) Other companies that appeared in the list are sinograndness , Lian beng. Criteria not actually too impressive to me, must have revenue of at least 5 million, net positive profits. 900 odd companies were shortlisted , thereafter earning growth, sales growth for the past 12 months and 3 years are taken into consideration and finally companies with legal and accounting issues were taken away. I have accumulate much of foreland as the price continue to head south. I would not accumulate any further until the status of it's new production lines become clear. But looking at the best under 1 billion list, foreland definitely is one that stands out for it's ridiculous low market cap that is below both it's net profits and sales

More
11 years 8 months ago #10282 by gangho
These 3 s-chips seem to be much better bet in short and long term, as their sales/profit continue to grow strongly despite china slowing down. The price for both China Minzhong and Dukang are at their historical low too....

• Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 8 months ago #10287 by 44
Replied by 44 on topic Re:Foreland, still looking pretty
greenrookie, what is your average price for Foreland?
Mine is double-digit and boy am i pissed off.....
Just forget it and hope that the Chinese economy will recover and S-chips will rebound.
Other than that, I am just focusing on Singapore based companies with sound fundamentals

• Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 8 months ago #10291 by Guest
Replied by Guest on topic Re:Re:Foreland, still looking pretty
44, av.price 8 cents. Yes, its frustrating. But I am hanging on. Me too on the lookout for other companies. Lets hope the government starts their stimulus package. I am "forgetting" them too, I have already mentally written off the 2 s-chip companies investment. But, still monitoring, so far, the reasons for my buying has not been proven wrong yet. The recovery will come, as long as their competitive edge do not get blunt, or has accounting issue, the sun may just rise again. Since I have already written them off, guess things can't get any worse

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds