When will s- chips see the sun?

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #8938 by greenrookie
S- chips in general has been a sunset counters for almost 1 year. Things were looking up for a while, before Gaoxian, sino Techfibre, hongxing sports denotates the whole already fragile sentiments.
So will they ever see the sun again?
My answer is yes: ( assuming no frauds)
1) historically low valuation. Such valuation are meant for loss making companies. Most s- chips are still profit making.
2) When the tide comes in for the china and hk bourses, poor cousins in Singapore will be look at too, and it will lift the boats.
3) china growth story intact. Has, china is slowing down, I dun actually see it as a bad thing. I think overheating is worse, and might resulted in hard landing. Note they have alot of fiscal and monetary leeway to boost economy.
So, as long as u dun pick a counter that is going to be hit by fraud, or going to be non competitive , the question is not if but when they will see the sun. Preserve, those who bought s- chip after careful study. U have buy when everyone is afraid. Just sell when everyone is greedy ( quote wb) and we should be adequately reward for the risk we are taking now
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by greenrookie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• risingsun
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago #10152 by risingsun
Replied by risingsun on topic Re:When will s- chips see the sun?
HONG KONG, Aug 1 (Reuters) - China shares rose on Wednesday, outperforming Asian
peers, boosted by hopes of policy easing and a statement by the country's securities
regulator encouraging companies with strong      capital to buy back shares.

The comment from the China Securities Regulatory Commission, first reported by the
official Xinhua news agency late on Tuesday, mark Beijing's latest effort at boosting
investor confidence as mainland markets hover    near more than three-year lows.

Expectations of more policy fine-tuning in the second half to support economic growth also
underpinned gains, after Premier Wen Jiabao was reported on Tuesday by official media to
have reiterated  Beijing's intention to stablize growth.

More
11 years 11 months ago #10204 by relaxing
Nearly everyone has been burnt by S-Chips, esp those value investors who are too sure of themselves.  The Dow and SGX are above 13,000 and 3,000 respectively  but S-Chips are still at their doldrums.  Mr Market doesn’t  just look at historical PE, but more so at the projected results of the next 1 to 2 yrs as the EU fiasco will take several yrs to resolve.   My views only.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago #10206 by Guest
Replied by Guest on topic Re:Re:When will s- chips see the sun?
Since perception on s-chips is so bad, I presume some punters might have built up a large short position on s- chips. Let's wait for them to unwind

• Private
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago #10207 by Private
Replied by Private on topic Re:When will s- chips see the sun?
Since the sentiment towards S-chips is so bad, there will be major shareholders who are seeking to privatise their companies on the cheap.  The IFA will note that the exit offer prices are the highest, are at a big premium to the market prices, etc.

One place to start in your research is to look at those companies whose mangement already hold a large shareholding.

• cheongwee
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago #10223 by cheongwee
Replied by cheongwee on topic Re:When will s- chips see the sun?
Euro is not out of the wood yet, now we are rally in anticipation of stimulus and easing. Please be realistic, and dont be too exerburence.
This is just a bear rally., and nothing else.
China cannot grwoth by itself, it got to export, and US and Euro is poor to buy, can China, forever dig into it saving and make it economy roll.
So with that s-chip will be in the back yard for sure,
But i do hope that a rally is coming to them soon, but to see them at their prime time high price is a hope, try to get out and sell to strenght and cut your losses here.
Then put that money to work elsewhere. I beleive if u are careful , u will recover back your losses in time to come.
Good luck and may all be well.

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds