Should i feel guilty making money in stock at the expense of loser???

• cheongwee.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 2 months ago #8913 by cheongwee.
I have this question been put to me recently. But if was a question that i have encounter once long time ago.
One guy ask me, "Don't you feel sorry making money from stock, at the expense of those who lose? You win , you are happy and feel glorious, did you not think of those who lose and are feeling very sad. So what so good about your winning?"
I think if one can feel so miserable about losing money in stock, he should not involve in it. I do like to think that stock are for those who can afford to lose. Anyway, you have to have money to go into the market , right?
I know i am not able to answer this question in my truth sense, in a way to avoid feeling pain for loser, because i was one a miserable loser, and will be one in future.
But personnally i see it as a means of distribution of wealth to doing goods. For myself, i have will all my wealth to charity at the end of my journey. And in between put resource to good use to charity. So i m in a way doing redemption.
This is not a perfect world. Otherwise, we do not need religion. Loser and winner live in it. There must some who lose for some to win. There is no such thing as win-win situation, like you heard of.
If everyone win, then who lose??? Mother earth???
I am not posting this to disturb anyone here, but this is the truth. It is hard to have a perfect and just world.
My purpose in positing this is to learn from your reply to my post. I look forward to it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #8917 by pine
Feel guilty? No, this is a faceless market. I don't know who I bought from. Maybe the seller is a wealthy bloke and I made money from the stock purchase. Other times, maybe the seller is a ordinary Joe and the stock went down 30% after he sold it. I kena stuck for 2 years .... There are countless permutations -- guilt is not part of the equation.  

More
12 years 2 months ago #8932 by greenrookie
Well, if one always win and never lose by deploying "chase and dump" tactics, maybe he should feel a bit guilty. I pity those who bought JEL at it's high recently. It might be a blessing in disguise in the future but I guess it must be pretty painful now. Otherwise, it is not a zero sum game, guys who bought suntec REIT and others super beaten trusts or reits during the 2009 crisis is collecting. 15-25 % dividend every quarter, not t mention the capital gains. Did anyone lose because the wise and gusty man is collecting dividends now, well no. However someone said something like this, I can't remember who, but it left a dent in my head. It goes something like this, in investment, if u dun know who is the fool, u are. I guess I have a fool countless times too, but I blame no one except myself la, I hope to be wiser.

• cheongwee.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 2 months ago #8936 by cheongwee.
You got me!!!
I will go outside and hang myself..lol
[hr]
[greenrookie 01-05-2012]:
Well, if one always win and never lose by deploying "chase and dump" tactics, maybe he should feel a bit guilty. I pity those who bought JEL at it's high recently. It might be a blessing in disguise in the future but I guess it must be pretty painful now. Otherwise, it is not a zero sum game, guys who bought suntec REIT and others super beaten trusts or reits during the 2009 crisis is collecting. 15-25 % dividend every quarter, not t mention the capital gains. Did anyone lose because the wise and gusty man is collecting dividends now, well no. However someone said something like this, I can't remember who, but it left a dent in my head. It goes something like this, in investment, if u dun know who is the fool, u are. I guess I have a fool countless times too, but I blame no one except myself la, I hope to be wiser.

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds