Penny stocks on the move

More
11 years 11 months ago #8897 by relaxing
Hi Greenrookie - I note that most of the counters you are tracking to buy are S-Chips or penny stocks. Trust your overall portfolio are mainly more solid counters? Safer lah!
As for QM, isnt it prudent to wait for the 3Q results, bearing in mind the first 3Q reports are not audited. There are so many unanswered questions. Firstly, why did CEO buy Xibodeng when QM was doing well?  S-Chips sure know how to self destruct lol. I am not vested though I may gamble a bit if price becomes super bargain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #8898 by greenrookie
Thanks relaxing for your advice.
You are right, the main part of the portfilio is make up of reit and business trust, I am also on the lookout for high dividend yield blue chip. 
Those mentioned are the s-chips pennies i am trackking.
QM will be a short term shot, you are right, i might wait for the results, or give it a miss totally if another counter hit my target price first.

More
11 years 11 months ago #8900 by ethan999
Replied by ethan999 on topic Re: Sino Grandness
Impressive profits but not that impressed with their operational cash flow of only 4.8 million rmb and negative free cash flow, explaining why they stopped giving dividends for now.
Nevertheless their loquat juice segment seems to have boundless growth potential and they're doing a really good job increasing the topline. 

More
11 years 3 months ago #12983 by yeng
Replied by yeng on topic Re:Penny stocks on the move
ethan, what a difference 9 mths have made to Sino Grandness stock! Has recently cheonged to 77 cents & my bro is having a jolly time. We agree that if the accts are real, there is potential  for the stock to exceed S$2

More
11 years 3 months ago #12987 by gangho
Can try ISDN. A local cmy with huge presence in China. Good div yield stock too

More
11 years 3 months ago #12990 by ethan999
Hi Yeh,
Sino Grandness closed at over 80 cents.
I'm happy to say I'm now up more than 100% on Sino Grandness and up about 70% on China Minzhong. 
Although the rising tide of the recovering Shanghai Composite has certainly helped lift Chinese stocks around the world over the last month or so, there is no doubt that Sino Grandness has significantly outperformed.
The sky's the limit in terms of growth potential for Garden Fresh and if it gets listed in Hong Kong at the kind of valuations beverage companies are getting there, Sino Grandness will likely see a huge cash injection quite possibly even larger than its current market cap. 
You should see all the bashing and pessimism onslaught that China Minzhong suffered back in the middle of 2012 when it was as low as 50 plus cents. Even when it was trading at a PE of just over 2 and less than half of NAV, people were saying it was a no hoper. Today it reached as high as $1.05.
Similarly when the Shanghai Composite went below 1,900 a few months ago, many were bearish and saying it would go lower, despite extremely low valuations and the fact that it had reached the same levels as it did during the Lehman crisis in 2008-2009.
All this goes to vindicate the tried and tested strategy of buying high quality stocks when everyone is bearish and volume is low.
Despite the big run up, barring any unforeseen circumstances, I intend to keep Sino Grandness until at least one or both of the following happen:
1. Shanghai Composite hits 3000. (This is nothing considering it exceed 6000 in 2007).
2. Garden Fresh gets listed in Hong Kong
No guarantees that the price won't suffer any corrections before then, but I'm a fundamental investor not a trader.

The following user(s) said Thank You: zane

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds