Investment Plan for 2012 - What's yours?

More
12 years 4 months ago #8554 by greenrookie
I bought hong fok after reading summer thread on Forum. More speculative then long term. 0.3 p/b and 2.2 PE and the concourse skyline project should provide high margin of safety as I await news of it development at orchard. the valuation metric should hold at least for the next few quarters. Skyline should be around 60% sold. It's biggest and most ex. Residential project. top in 2013, must say that the sales is rather unimpressive. But then again, it's priced rather ex. If they do intend to build a hotel at orchard, I must say that the stock will be severly undervalued at current price. However, counter is rather illiquid and company is small small fish

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #8559 by pine
Replied by pine on topic Hong Fok
Hmmmm...I read up a bit on Hong Fok. Yes, revenue growth was impressive and Net Profit was too. NP went up from $99 m to $140 m in 2011. The market cap is not small, at $300+ million. One problem I have with it is the zero dividend. Zero! And it's not just zero for FY2011. It's zero since 2007! The last time HF paid a dividend was Nov 2007. Ok, calm down..... I tell myself..... This bugger got big saving grace. It's severely undervalued in P/B terms. Oi, greenrookie & sumer, is this the main reason to fall in love? Hope one day the love will not stay unrequited? Er.....

More
12 years 4 months ago #8583 by pine
Replied by pine on topic Re: Hong Fok
Hong Fok giving bonus 1 for 5. Same pizza pie getting cut up into 6 pieces, instead of 5. What's the big deal?

More
12 years 4 months ago #8588 by Val
abb, you are not wrong ...however, the market seems to like this bonus issue... you can see Hong Fok shares are up 9.2% this morning. I can see greenrookie smiling ...... by the way, your concern about the illiquidity, I always believe when the price is 'right' there will be liquidity , there will be sellers and buyers.  Hong Fok, at the higher price today, has brought out sellers who happily let go to those who bought because of bonus issue

More
12 years 3 months ago #8592 by greenrookie
Replied by greenrookie on topic Hong fok - thanks Sumer
Hong fok went up 16% today. Thanks Summer for highlighting this stock. I was expecting an 10-15% gain over 6 months, yet I got almost 20% over less than 2 weeks. While the stock may well still fly after they announce the development plan in orchard, I stick to my plan and say bye bye at almost the day high. This short term punt is really short term. My long term goal is to built up a long term portfolio of income generating stock and have not more than30%on speculating pennies. After this sale, I will have the buffer and ammno to wait for opportunity to accumulate the 2 pennies which I also like.

More
12 years 3 months ago #8596 by yeng
Replied by yeng on topic Re: Hong fok - thanks Sumer
Well done on securing a gain of almost 20% in less than 2 weeks. But sell out so fast? What happened to the original investment thesis : cheap at 0.3 P/B, Orchard hotel details to be unveiled, etc. ? Sometimes too quick a gain can be a bad thing if this stock flies another 20% in less than 2 weeks.

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds